Chapter twelve

Hello all :)

This update is a few days late but please keep in mind that I'm a college student and when I'm not in class I'm at work, good news though... I'm taking my final exams in a week so after that updates should be quicker!!

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

***

Damien

"Not like that. You always need to be aware of your surroundings before you approach your opponent, what if they're not alone?"

I let out a grunt before taking my fighting stance once more. How did I not know that? I'm sure even children know that.

"I'll get it right this time, just give me a minute."

I charged at him hoping to catch him off guard, but to my horror he saw me coming and I ended up getting flipped onto the ground.

"You act on your anger, that's your biggest mistake."

I stayed silent and he continued.

"You're actually pretty strong I've notice that I've gotten a few bruises from you in these past weeks. If you just thought about your attack before physical doing it you could do a lot of damage to your opponent."

I had been training with Max for a while now. After finding out that Kaitlin was being forced to marry a higher ranked wolf I completely lost it. Everyone who was anyone knew that the alpha was planning a huge ceremony for the two. Max promised he'd help me get her back before any of that could happen, but I felt like I was running out of time. I knew that I couldn't go back for her now, I'm not strong enough yet and there's no way in hell I would be able to get her back with only the help of Max.

"One more time, come on Damien you've got to do this."

We stood face to face, each of us waiting for the other person to make the first move. I took a step back before running right back at him while throwing a punch, he was quick to dodge it which was expected, but he didn't see my other fist flying towards the side of face. A punch was thrown at my stomach leaving me breathless for a few seconds but I quickly controlled my body and charged right back at him. I imagined he was Alpha Marcus, this was what I needed the entire time.

...

"That was good. I'm proud of the improvement this week."

It felt good to hear those words, this meant I was getting stronger, and the faster I got stronger the faster I'd have Kaitlin back. I didn't know exactly how I was going to get her yet, but I knew I had to make a plan that no one would ever expect.

"You know Max? I never got the chance to thank you for helping me do this. I never would have imagined I'd get this opportunity, and the fact that you're granting me it just makes me realize that rouges aren't the bad guys, the bad guys are the ones who believe they are better than everyone else. So thank you for everything you're doing for me, and Kaitlin."

"You don't have to thank me yet boy, you can thank me after you have your mate by your side. I'd like to meet her one day, I want to let her know how hard you fought for her."

I smiled at the thought of finally having her back.

"I'll make sure of that."

.....

Alpha Marcus

"As soon as you're married to her I'm passing the alpha position down to you. I'm getting too old for this."

Brandon smiled, I knew this was what he was after, but at least he's strong enough to hold the title. He will be able to protect Kaitlin, and the pack, something her dead mate never would have been able to do.

I felt no remorse for what I did to him, he was a runt anyway. I had forgotten about him until Kaitlin announced he was her mate.

Brandon and I were in my office when we heard it.

Kaitlin's screams filled the house as we rushed to her room.

I kicked the door open to see her on the ground withering in pain.

"I can't take this." She screamed.

I picked her body up off the ground trying to hold her arms back as she tried to push me away. Brandon stood frozen at the entrance of her room.

"This is all your fault. You did this to me." She whimpered.

Her skin was burning up. I didn't even want to imagine how bad her pain was.

I felt my heart break a little. It's the mate bond that's doing this to her.

"Brandon go get the pack doctor now." I demanded.

I heard his footsteps as I tried to silence my little girls screams.

"Baby girl I need you to calm down."

"You're not allowed to call me that, I'm like this because of you. You didn't want me to be happy."

With one finally whimper her body went still. She had past out.

I looked down at my little girl, and my heart hurt.

I was guilty of this.

What the hell have I done?

Will I ever be able to make her forget about this? Or better yet will she stay true to her word and never forgive me?

----------------------

Well?

Your thoughts...

-Sarah