Chapter four

Of all my stories, and or chapters I've written I think this chapter is my favorite....

*

*

*

Also if any of you make story covers, could you make me one for this book?

The one I choose will get a shoutout :)

*

*

Enjoy!

*

*

Kaitlin

When I was younger I heard all sorts of stories about finding your mate. I had once witnessed a pack mate finding his mate, and let me tell you; it was the most beautiful thing. The way his mate ran into his arms, and the way he picked her up and held her as if she was his world. I'll never forget how badly I wanted to find my mate at that time.

Now here I stand directly in front of my mate, but he doesn't hold me like I imagined he would. He doesn't run up to me and kiss me like I heard he should. He does nothing but gaze at me.

"Say something." I whisper.

Nothing.

I get nothing in response.

"Please." I beg.

"This can't be happening." He mumbles, leaving me paralyzed.

He doesn't want me. I felt broken.

He takes a few steps back, and looks torn.

I step forward, but he lifts his hands as if he's protecting himself.

"You won't want me when you find out who I am, I'm just saving you the trouble."

I'm barely able to process his words. Is he talking about his pack title?

"I don't care about your title or rank." I rush out. "I care that you're my mate, and I wouldn't change that for the world."

He stops. I feel a smile making its way on to my face.

"You really don't care about my title?" His voice is soft, as if he's afraid of my answer.

Why is so afraid?

"I wouldn't care if you were a rouge, all that matters is that you treat me like a mate should treat his or her other half." I smile.

He still looks torn.

"Can you tell me your name?" I ask.

He still looks hesitate.

"Damien Clive." He says, barely audible.

"Well Damien Clive," I smile. "I'm Kaitlin Bell, and I couldn't be happier to meet you."

He rushes up to me picking me up just like I pictured. I giggle as he spins me around.

This is how it's supposed to be.

He places me on the ground and I wrap my arms around his neck. Now would be a good time to introduce him to the pack.

"Would it be too much if I took you to the backyard and we announced that we found each other?"

I feel his body stiffen. He pulls away quickly.

"No no no. No one can know about us, at least not now."

"Why not? Are you ashamed of me?"

"NO." He shouts. "I could never be ashamed of you, it's you who should be ashamed of me."

I place my hands on his cheeks and make sure he's listening to me.

"I may not know you well enough right now, but I am not ashamed of you, I never will be. I can tell from your eyes that you are sincere, and I know you've been through a lot, but you're not alone anymore, you have me now."

With that being said I kiss his lips in hopes of convincing him that he's stuck with me forever.

-------------------

*

*

-Sarah