Chapter seventeen

Damien

Marcus eyed me as I approached him. He knew I was hurt, and I could see the pleasure he received just from that fact.

Max had got more than a couple hits on him. I was glad he didn't finish him off, because I wanted to be the one to do that. We were both in our human forms, and until I was better I knew there was no way I could shift. There was a part of me that wished Marcus wouldn't shift because that would clearly be an unfair fight, but I know to him that means nothing; I'm sure he wouldn't care because as long as he's able to kill me he'll be happy.

Standing face to face I smirked at the confusion that took over his face. I leaned in so I was closer to him and whispered, "next time you try to kill me, at least make sure you've actually done it right."

Anger took over his features, I almost didn't see his fist flying towards my face. Quickly as possible I ducked down and rammed my fist straight into his stomach, he let out a low grunt but clearly wasn't hurt as much as I hoped he was. I could hear Kaitlin's cries as she watched us from afar. This must be so hard on her.

I let myself get so carried away with my thoughts I didn't have time to block Marcus' next hit. The air left me as he managed to make me lose my balance, he approached me quickly using his right foot to push down on my neck. I panicked, not knowing what to do at first, but then I remembered when Max once had me in the same exact position.

"The longer you think while you're like this, the more power your opponent gains." His words rang in my head.

I let Marcus believe he had to upper hand in this. "You little runt, did you really think you could beat me? Did you really think Kaitlin still wanted you? I'll let you in on a secret, Kaitlin's been sharing her room with someone, do you want to know who that someone is? I'm sure you do. You see her and Brandon mated as soon as you were out of the picture. Hurts doesn't it?"

I knew he was saying all this to throw me off. What he didn't know is that Kaitlin still smelt as pure as she did when I met her, I knew she would never willingly agree to any of what he said. All Marcus managed to do was make my anger and hate towards him increase.

He laughed when I growled, he was taunting me.

With another growl released I shoved his leg off me, quickly jumping back on feet. The next person to hit the ground would be him.

"You see alpha what you fail to understand is that this little runt is about to end your life, and after that the runt is going to marry your daughter."

He released a line of curse words, and growls while running towards my body.

Ah I've struck a nerve.

As soon as he was close enough I moved out of the way, allowing him to hit the table where guests were sitting not long ago.

He was furious.

I finally had enough power to shift, and just as I did, he allowed his wolf to take control.

I don't know who ran to who first, but to my luck I ended up on top. Snarling in his face I quickly lowered my face to his neck so I could end his life, but just as I did I heard Kaitlin cry out again but this time it was a plea to spare her fathers life.

__________________
Hello!

So sorry for the long wait, this chapter was actually really hard for me to write. I'm not a hundred percent happy with it, but I couldn't think of anything else to add or remove. I just hope you all enjoyed it.

Please don't forget to vote, and leave your thoughts in the comments section below!

Thank you,

-Sarah