Chapter seven

Damien

This was it.

He would take my mate away from me. There was nothing I could do to stop him, this is the alpha and I am nothing.

Pity.

I pitied myself. I am a grown man, who can not defend his mate. I should let her go.

She's better off without me. She says she wants to be with me, but that's just the mate bond forcing her to want me.

For once in my life I was content with everything, but obviously I wasn't allowed to feel that way for long.

***

My door was broken down, the alpha, and three pack warriors walked in. I swallowed the lump in my throat and felt Kaitlin squeeze my hand in reassurance.

"Remove you hand from my daughter."

The alphas voice was full of power, but I did not let Kaitlin's hand go.

"You refuse to listen to me pup? I can have you killed-"

Kaitlin's scream forced him to stop.

"Stop! I'm not going to let you separate us."

"Kaitlin honey come stand beside me, you know you can do better than this mutt."

Finally I was able to find my voice, maybe it was the fact that he called me a mutt.

"Sir I know you do not approve of this relationship, but surely you know what happens when mates are separated. I know you wouldn't want your daughter to feel any pain. I will do whatever I can to make her happy."

He looked anything but calm.

"Do not open your mouth again. You are weak, an embarrassment, I don't know why Kaitlin hasn't realized that yet. I'm doing this to protect my daughter. She will mate with one of the stronger wolves in the pack once I get rid of you."

I growled at the thought of my mate with someone else.

"You dare challenge me pup? You know exactly who would win in a fight."

I knew he would easily kill me, but that didn't mean I would let him take her, especially not now.

I will fight for us. Kaitlin said it before, and I was to stupid to realize it, it doesn't matter what you have, it's all about the intentions one has.

"Daddy please just leave us be."

Hearing my sweet mate beg for something flared a fire in my heart.

I growled again and released Kaitlin's hand, advancing towards the alpha.

I wasn't the only one.

The three men warriors and the alpha also made their way toward us.

Kaitlin was picked up and thrown over one of the men's shoulders.

"No! Put me down. Daddy please stop this."

"Take her back to the pack house."

I struggled out of their holds as I watched the man place Kaitlin in one of the trucks and drive off.

This was not fair, it was three against one.

"Alpha you're going to kill her by doing this," I grunted as he punched me square in the face.

The men holding me down tightened their arms around me.

"I'm sure she'll get over it."

I lost count of the times I was punched, and kicked. It was when the alpha shifted that I realized this was really it.

******

Ahh I cried working on this chapter :(

What'd you all think about it?

Comment and vote!

-Sarah