The Wish

Angus and Charlie sat in a boat in the middle of a lake as they tried to catch some fish for dinner. It was starting to get dark, and all they could hear were each other and the few birds chirping. "I don't know, I just think I'm overreacting. He probably just had a spur of the moment thing and wasn't thinking." Charlie explained as she fiddled with the ring she wore on her finger. A promise that she'd never leave Miles' side.

"Well, I think you have every reason to be worried," Angus explained as Charlie looked up at her father-in-law. A fish jumped in the distance, but Angus ignored it and set his fishing pole down, turning his attention towards Charlie. "Men are stupid, and we usually don't have anything going on in our heads." Angus tried to joke, yet Charlie just stared back at her feet. "Just, think about what's best for you. If you really love him, and he really loves you, then you two will overcome this together. Heck, and he does love you. Trust me." 

Charlie laughed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Can you elaborate on that? Does he talk about how dreamy my eyes are?" The girl joked as the older man let out a chuckle.

Angus smiled and looked away from Charlie for a moment, then back at her. "Let's just say, that when you're not around, he's talking about how cute you would've been as an old grandma," Angus whispered as Charlie immediately started laughing to the point of tears. "I'm surprised he hasn't come running to you by now with flowers and an apology."

"Charlotte!" A voice cried in the distance and broke the silence of the night. Miles only said Charlotte when something serious happened or there is an emergency. The two in the boat looked at each other with scared expressions as Angus began bringing the boat back to land.

As soon as the two arrived, Miles and Jesse quickly ran towards their family. Jesse ran to his father while Miles ran to his wife and cried into her arms. "Woah! Did I miss a chapter? What's going on?" Charlie asked as she quickly clung to her crying husband to help steady his balance.

Jesse's shaky voice tried to explain what had happened, but it was far too tough to understand. "The spring. It's reversible! We're cured." The blonde grinned as he hugged his father. The two who hadn't tasted the water yet froze as they looked between the two. "I swear it isn't a joke! Miles's got hurt!" Jesse exclaimed as Charlie's first thought was to quickly pull her husband away from her and inspect his body to search for the wounds, although Miles simply held his hands out, allowing Charlie to see the blood dripping from them.

Charlie was taken aback by the bloody palms of her husband. She wasn't concerned about anything other than her husband. If he was now mortal, then anything could happen to him. This was one of the first times Charlie really had to start taking account of Miles' well-being. "Miles, is this true?" Charlie asked hesitantly as she looked up at her grinning husband.

"100%, darling." Miles smiled as he grabbed and Charlie and kissed her as hard as he did on his wedding day. This was big news. Although, Charlie was conflicted. Did she really want to drink the water? It changed her life so drastically the last time she drank it. Would she be able to deal with that kind of conflict again? What is it like growing old? She never got to stick around long enough to watch it or experience it for herself. "Why do you seem so hesitant?" Miles asked as he grabbed his wife's face and held it in his hands, getting a few splotches of his blood on her face.

Charlie laughed and rubbed a hand over her face. "It's just that this is going to be a big change in our lives. We'd have to find a place to settle down, and maybe start a family, of course only if you want to, we could get jobs, and not have to hide." The couple smiled at each other as they both knew that this was a tough decision, but they could get through it together. They always had.

Eventually, the four met up with Mae and told her the news, and after a good cry, they met up at the spring and drank the water. They were free. After the events of the day, the Tucks just went back to their home for a well-deserved rest. Although Karena was still trying to expose their family history, they knew no one would believe her since they were mortal now. Maybe she would find happiness in her adventures involving the Tuck family just like Charlie had.

As the family began to wind down for bed, Charlotte and Miles Tuck, a couple that had been through everything together, now had to get ready for their biggest adventure yet. Life. "I love you, Charlotte Tuck. I'm sorry for how dumb I've been. I'm just happy I get to spend the rest of my life with you." Miles smiled as he kissed his wife's knuckles.

"I love you too, Miles Tuck. We made a vow to be together forever, and that's what I plan on doing." Charlie grinned as she lifted her pinkie finger up to Miles. "For forever and ever."

Miles chuckled and wrapped his pinkie around Charlie's. "Always."

-The End-