The Epilogue (also A/N)

"Maisy! Come here, sweet!" Charlie yelled from their farmhouse as a young girl ran up to her, excitedly holding flowers in her hands. The young girl looked different from Miles and Charlie, but she blended into their family nicely. A perfect little girl for a crazy family.

The girl who was on the verge of turning 5 ran up to her mother, excited to tell her about her adventures. "Mama, I saw a butterfly! It was orange and it landed on my hand." The small child explained as she pointed at where the butterfly had landed. "It's my friend now."

Charlie laughed as she picked the girl up into her arms, bringing her into the house for dinner. "That is so interesting! I think Uncle Jesse would love to hear all about it." Maisy grinned happily as she wiggled out of her mom's arms and ran to sit with her uncle on the couch, his senior dog sitting in his lap happily.

Laughter rang throughout the room as Maisy began to climb all over her uncle, who only tried to wrestle with her by tickling her. "Maisy Winifred Tuck, stop fighting Jesse! He's old enough as is!" Charlotte instructed as Miles entered the room with dinner ready. Cooked Salmon. A family favorite.

"Oh, let her be. She's just having fun." Miles laughed as he kissed his wife's cheek.

Charlie laughed and crossed her arms to look at her soulmate. "I'd prefer it if she bit her old man instead of our company." The couple glared at each other jokingly as Miles declared that dinner was ready. Mae and Angus happily sat at the table, the grey hair taken over their heads to the point where Charlie sometimes doesn't recognize them. Jesse smiled happily as he stuffed fish into his mouth. Miles ruffled his daughter's hair as everyone talked happily to each other, leaving Charlie to admire the picture. This was her ideal life. It was messy and full of flaws and secrets, but still perfect. If she could go back and change it all, would she? Absolutely not.

Author's Note.

oh my goodness. we did it. the story of the tucks is over. this was such a fun story to write, and i never thought it would get this much attention and become one of the #1 stories for tuck everlasting. this story came into my head one night after i had just gotten done watching a bootleg of tuck everlasting on broadway. i knew very little since i hadn't read the book and had barely analyzed our characters. charlie was created in about 10 minutes and her story was inspired because i was listening to company i think? i dont know it's all very blurry. this story is one of my pride and joys, and i felt like after everything the tucks had been through, they deserved a happy ending. i hope y'all feel that way too. anyway, i need to start wrapping this up. i want to thank my friend lillian, who made me want to continue writing this story even though i had moved on from it. i want to thank delaney, who introduced me to tuck everlasting. and i want to thank all of you for supporting me and leaving the kindest comments on the many chapters.  charlie's story could never have been told without your support. thank you. this story is far from perfect, and has many flaws. i've thought about possibly going back and re-editing, changing certain things, and my main thing being making miles and charlie not get engaged the literal next day they meet. great job past me. but in all serious though, i'd only go back and change it if you all were like "this stinks i want them to hate each other more >:(" which, same, i get it. i mentioned the idea before, but it was quickly shot down because you all though this story was perfect. i usually dont get an outside perspective on my work, but seeing you all be so excited and expressive in the comments would be the best part of my days. i wrote this book when i was (and still am) in a very bad place mentally. actually, just yesterday, i started taking anti-depressants. pog ig. idk. anyways, again, thank you. you all are amazing and i love you all so much. (also shameless plug! feel free to check out my other works! for you theater fans, i have a starkid story about the guy who didn't like musicals called "waiting in the wings", and for you fans who just enjoy my work, please go and support my stranger things story "babysitter's club" it's a favorite of mine so far and my grandma likes it and she has never seen stranger things and i trust her judgement <3)

thank you all again. xoxo <3

-Natalie (aka the author)

if you have any questions for me about this story or just myself, please leave them in the comments! i love talking to you all!