The Wanderers

Everyone had finally gotten home and had fallen asleep. The young girl sat outside with Charlie since the two of them couldn't sleep. At dinner, Mae explained the story of how they all became immortal, which meant more conversation topics.

"So, what's your name?" The girl asked as she laid in the grass under the trees.

"I'm Charlotte, but everyone just calls me Charlie." Charlie introduced as she held her hand out to have it shaken, but the girl just gave her a high-five. Winnie used to do the same thing. "What's your name?"

The girl tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled. "Kerena. My name's Kerena." Charlie smiled as she watched the girl slowly open up to her. "Why'd you want to become immortal?" Kerena asked as Charlie let out a breath.

"Well, I had a sister named Winifred Foster, and-"

Kerena's eyes lit up as she smiled. "You're sister was Mrs Foster? She lived in the same neighborhood as my parents when they were little! My mom would always talk about her and all the cool things she did! Her stories were amazing." Kerena went on and on about how much she loved the stories about Winnie, which slowly made Charlie's smile fade. "It must have been so much fun being her sister."

"Excuse me." Charlie quickly said as she stood up and ran back into the house. She traveled up the stairs to the room that her and Miles were sharing. Miles was reading in bed when he looked up to see his wife sobbing.

"What's wrong?" Miles asked as tears poured out of Charlie's eyes as she walked over to her husband for comfort.

Miles wrapped his arms around Charlie, comforting her as best he could. "I miss her so much." The two embraced each other as Charlie slowly started to calm down. "The girl's name is Kerena. She mentioned how her parents knew Winnie. I freaked out and ran up here." Charlie explained as she wiped her sleeve. "Kerena is a nice kid though. She was sorry about punching me." 

"Yeah? We should probably try and figure out where she lives so we can get her back to her parents." Miles suggested which received a nod from Charlie. The couple headed downstairs and walked outside to see Kerena sitting against the side of the house. "Hey there."

Kerena looked up at Miles and gave him a kind smile. "What's up?"