The World

2019, New Hampshire...

The sun slowly rose out of the sky as it peeked through the windows of the small hotel room. Miles clung onto Charlie's small frame as she slept. The alarm clock beeped as Miles let out a small groan and switched it off.

"Honey get up, it's time to go."

"No."

"Please," Miles asked as he kissed his wife's forehead. 

Charlie smiled and let out a small moan. "Okay, fine. Just give me a second." The two compromised as Miles got out of bed and got dressed while also trying to keep the room tidy.

The energy finally filled Charlie as she shot out of bed and quickly got dressed, leaving a small mess. Miles cleaned up while Charlie checked to make sure they had collected everything. The two gave each other a small nod and left the hotel after turning in their room key. The married couple got into their car and started to drive to where they had first met: Treegap.

The Tuck's were having a small family reunion. As far as they knew, Miles and Charlie had been in Oregon running an online store and selling custom school supplies to struggling students, Jesse had been exploring the world on his own but on his adventures, he did find a golden retriever that he insisted on keeping, and Mae and Angus had been staying in their small cottage in the woods in Treegap.

Charlie and Miles were beyond exhausted as they hit 3 hours of driving that day. When they finally got to Treegap, the streets were quiet and empty. Treegap had always been a small town, but it was also dinner time. As Miles drove, he heard a yell and immediately stopped the car. Miles quickly got out of the car and ran to the front, Charlie following his actions.

Turned out Miles had hit someone. "Miles!" Charlie yelled as she looked at her husband.

"She came out of nowhere!" Miles argued as the two watched the girl lay on the ground. Her appearance reminded Charlie of Winnie's a bit. "Okay, let's take her to Ma. Maybe she can help her."

The two hauled the young girl into the car as they quickly sped off to get to Mae and Angus's house.