12

We walked back to the compound. Marcel convinced me it's in my best interest to tell the others about the veins on my arms becoming black. I didn't want to because I know it's going to send them into panic mode like it did when I first noticed them but Marcel said that they can't help me if they don't know and I supposed he's right.
When we walk into the compound everyone is near enough in the same position as they were when we left. They were all sat on the sofa and chairs chatting amongst themselves. I walk right to my dad and sit between him and mum. "Hello luv, did you have a good time with Marcellus?" He asks as he kisses my head, I was hesitant to answer "uhh, yeah it was great. We had fun" I forced a smile. I knew that Marcel would bring my arms up at any moment and my heart was racing already. I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I fell silent after my answer. I couldn't look at them, I was afraid. "What's wrong sweetheart?" My mum asks me but before I could answer Marcel stepped in with words I wish he didn't say. "Faith has something to show you all." Was all he said and once again all of the attention was on me. I know that their is no getting out of this so it isn't even worth trying right now. I sigh "Okay. Fine." I say before pulling up my sleeves and reveling my arms. I hear everyone gasp from around me. "Faith..." was all my dad said. Disappointment in his voice. "Look dad... everyone. I didn't tell you because I was scared. I was scared that if I admitted they were there they would get worse... but it doesn't matter because they're getting worse anyway. I can feel the black magic in my veins, in my blood. Soon its going to take over me completely, like it did with Hope. I'm sorry." I feel a tear slipped from my eye. I couldn't look up, I couldn't look at their faces. I could hear my father sigh. "Faith, darling. Look at me..." he lifts my head up, everyone face looked sad, tears falling from some of their faces and my father looked worried just like my mum "we are going to fix this okay. I wont let it get any worse. We won't let it get any worse. Right?" He turns to the others and they all nod. "Of course.." Freya said walking towards me "come on, let's go see what me and Davina can do to get you veins back to normal and remove black magic from you" she holds out her hand for me to take it but before I do Davina stands up "Yeah, there is definitely some sort of spell of something that can help us. We won't stop until we find it." She smiles at me and holds out her hand too. I look between my mum and dad who both nod at me with a smile before I take both the girls hands. They pull me up and we walk upstairs towards Freya's bedroom.

Klaus' P.O.V.

As soon as the 3 girls leave the room I put my head in my hands. Anger, frustration and heartache rush though my body. "Brother, we will fix this" Elijah told me, I know I said it to faith but I was lying to myself. I don't know how to fix this. Neither does he. "How, Elijah? How do we fix this? One of my daughter's is jealous of her sister and is using black magic to take the power out of her, and as if that wasn't bad enough my other daughter who doesn't even want to worry us, is slowly being taken over by said black magic that her sister is using. So, brother, if you know how to fix this I beg you to tell me how because I have no idea what to do right now!" I shout, I don't mean to shout but I do. I'm now stood face to face with my older brother as I fight back the tears pricking at my eyes. I take a deep breath as I feel my breathing becoming unsteady due to the anger and rage inside of me. But Elijah stays calm, like he always does. He places his hand on the back of my head as I do the same to him. Our foreheads are closer now as he makes direct eye contact with me before opening his mouth to speak.
"I know it is hard Niklaus. But trust our sister and Davina, they will help Faith as best they can. And we, all of us together, will figure out a way to fix this whole situation with Hope. You have my word brother" he reassures me. I nod and he let's go of me. Without a word I walk back to the sofa and we sit in silence. My only thought right now is hoping that Elijah is right. Hoping that there is something we can do to stop all of this. Something to save both my girls and keep them out of harms way. I can not fail them like my father failed me. I have to be better than that.

The silence among us all is deep. Although it has been mere minutes each one has felt like and hour has passed within. I know all of our minds are racing, everyone truing to think of ways, spells, loopholes, anything to help Faith be relieved from the side effects of Hope's usage of black magic completely as we know that whatever spell Davina and Freya do is only temporary for her. None of us seem to have come up with any ideas yet because this silence in the room is becoming deafening.
I stand suddenly unable to sit here twidling my thumbs. "I can not just sit here and do nothing" I growl as I walk towards the stairs in anger heading straight for the eldest twins room. I hear everyone who was sitting with me run right behind me not knowing what I was about to do. I have no idea what I'm about to do. As I head towards Hope's room she is stood there, at the doorway inside the room smirking at me. Like she expected me to break.
"Back so soon dad" she chuckled. It was an evil chuckle. Something that my Hope would never do, but here she is right in front of me doing so. "Enough is enough Hope. There is no way you are taking your sisters power. None of us will let you. You need to get over this pettiness. You have taken this way too far the black magic you have been using is killing you both! I will not lose either of you!" I tell her now standing directly opposite her on the other side of the barrier. I see a hint of guilt in her eye. Again, like I did at the church when I mentioned it hurting Faith. It was only for a very short time but it was there, definitely. But as soon as I seemed to see it, it was gone. Hope is still in there, my Hope is still in there, buried deep within her under all that black magic that is consuming her.
"Oh so you're going to stop me?" She points at me with a sarcastic smile. She tries to step past the barrier but it doesn't work. Disappointment and shock rushes to her face "what the...?" She starts banging her hands on the barrier confused on how it is stronger than before. I saw anger in her eyes as the turn black, she attempts using magic but that doesn't work either. Taking me by surprise at this point too.
"That smart little witch" Kol stated from behind me laughing, we all turn to him giving him a questioning look, waiting for him to elaborate. "Seriou... you don't..." he sighs and shakes his head stepping closer to the barrier tapping on it as he turns back to us "you see this? Faith didn't just put up any normal barrier. Yes we knew she would make it stronger so Hope couldn't just walk through again, but she also made it so that anyone inside the barrier can't do magic. And no one can enter the barrier until she grants them permission." He explains. Wow. She really is so much stronger than any of us could have dreamed of. I mean I know we already established that but... wow. I feel a sense of proud within me at the idea of what the youngest twin had done. "That's my girl" I whisper quietly as I chuckle. "UGH!" Hope begins to shout and bang her hands on the barrier. Her screams got louder and more deafening. We all cover our ears with our hands to avoid the painful screeching.
"Silencio" a small voice comes from behind us all and Hope is immediately quiet. We all turn to see Faith stood with her had pointed towards her sister. She looks so powerful. I am so unbelievably proud of how far she has come, even under the circumstances.

*****************************
Guys! Almost 5k reads!? Wth! Stop! This story wasn't supposed to be good! I didn't expect you all to like it 🥴 joking I promise. Thankyou sm for reading! Let me know in the comments what you think! 💕