16

Faith's P.O.V inside her own subconscious mind

Running. It feels like I've been running for days, maybe even weeks. The blackness is chasing me. I know if it catches me the black magic will take over my body. I can't let that happen. Not today. Not ever. I'm stronger than this.

Where am I? A field. A never ending beautiful field. I feel like I could enjoy it here, I mean, I know it's not real and it's all in my mind but still... it's beautiful. Well it would be, however everything the blackness touches dies. The grass, the flowers, the trees. Its killing them all in its tracks as it heads for me.

I can run much longer. My knees are becoming weak. I hold myself up as I avoid tripping over my own two feet. I am stronger than anyone thought, including myself. I don't have to keep running from this I am strong enough to fight back. I feel the anger of everything boil through my blood and I stop in my tracks. My eyes gleam orange as I turn to face the darkness.

"I'm not afraid of you! I'm strong! I am more powerful than anyone thought!"

Klaus' P.O.V

Hope had not left her sisters side. Its been days. The black veins grow on Faith's arms with each passing hour. He face seems full of fear. She should have woken up by now, but she hasn't.

I stand in the doorway watching the two girls. "Hope, luv, maybe you should go back to the Salvatore boarding school. Its not safe for you here." I sigh and look down, I know it's going to be a fight to get her to leave her sisters side. She looks up at me in completely disbelief. "I'm not going anywhere..." I sigh again. "Hope.." "No dad. Its my fault she is in this mess. How can I go and live my life when she's here suffered because of my mistake" I walk over to her, tears brimming at her eyes.

I take a seat next to her on the bed and hold her hands. "I know you feel bad and we have told you that not of us blame you for anything." I squeeze her hands for reassurance. "It's not safe for you to be so close to her. The black magic grows inside of her evey day, every hour. It's only a matter of time before it breaks off back on to you. We can't let that happen. Please. Go back to school. Live your life. Let us take care of Faith and handle this." I try to persuade her again. She looks at Faith, I can see she's hesitant about it. "Go pack your things. I'll get your mother to drive you." I hug her and she leaves.

I once again sigh and turn to my youngest twin daughter. I don't know why the black magic isn't affecting Hope the way it was with Faith when it was inside Hope. Freya says its feeding off Faith's power and it has recently come to our realisation that she is very powerful. I hold her hand. It's cold. The black veins run from her fingertips and up her arm. Her heartbeat is slow. Slower than it should be.

I lean over and kiss her head before leaving. I go to check on Hope who is packing her things. She gives me a small forced smile as I walk past her room. I walk down the staircase towards the main room. Elijah, Kol, Hayley, Rebekah and Marcel are sitting in what seems to be an uncomfortable silence. Freya and Davina are out looking for ways to remove the black magic from Faith without killing her of course.

"Hayley, you need to take Hope back to the Salvatore boarding school." I lean on the back of Rebekah's chair. All eyes turn to me "Nik do you think that's a good idea?" Rebekah asks me. "All I know is that she will be safer there than she will be here neat the black magic. Alaric will take care of her I know he will." I rub my forehead. "What does Hope think about this?" Elijah asks. 8 sigh and look over at him "She was hesitant about leaving her sister but she agrees it is in her best safety to do so. She is packing her things. You should all go say goodbye before she leaves" they nod and leave the room.