23

"Hope you're grounded for 2 months" Hayley told Hope who sat with her head down. Grounded for 2 months.. She almost killed herself and her sister and Hayley thinks her punishment should be being grounded for 2 months. This is madness.
"That's it?" I question her and she looks at me shocked. "2 months being grounded when she almost killed herself and Faith! Hayley?" She just looked at me for a moment not saying a word. "Klaus she knows she has done wrong! She's obviously not going to do anything like that again!" She gets an angered look on her face, "if she didn't see you spending so much time with her sister maybe she wouldn't of got so jealous that she thought power was the only way to get you attention!" She shouts and I am too stunned to speak. How dare she say these things to me. I keep my calm for a second and look to Hope "Hope go back to your room to your sister please." I say sternly and she stands up and leaves without a word. I look back to Hayley and take a moment to compose myself so I don't lose it with her.
"How dare you little wolf ? Hope has always been the one you have all treasured. I love both my girls Hayley! I spent some alone time with Faith because she was being left out by almost everyone in the family! For goodness sake Hayley, Kol was the only person Faith went comfortable going to!" I sigh. "Both girls know I do not care about their power. I love them both no matter what." She just looks at me. "That's not true klaus, I have never favoured either of the girls.." she started "oh give it a rest Hayley. Between you and Elijah basically having no time for her, Freya spending more time with Hope teaching her more spells even though both the girls have magic, to the rest of this family. Faith has been completely left to feel abandoned in a way. Maybe I'm overreacting but I see it in her face when you all crowd around Hope for whatever reason. They both your girls Hayley and maybe you do love them both but one of them feels left out and you've never noticed none of us did." I see the realisation in Hayleys eyes as I talk to her and explain how Faith has been feeling.
"I... I had no idea" she said and I could hear the lump she had in her throat. "None of us did little wolf, don't blame yourself" I place my hand on her shoulder to comfort her, maybe I was a bit harsh with how I chose to tell her all this. I'm just as angry with myself, I have barely been around for either of my girls and I hate that even if the reason I haven't been around is for their own safety. I just missed so much of their lives already.
Hayley was sat down now and I could see her thinking back and regretting so much about how everyone has treated Faith. I knelt down to her level. "I'm sorry little wolf. That all came our wrong. The girls both know how much you love them. Faith has just felt a little left out. After all everyone did vow to always protect Hope when she was first born, but no one changed that vow when they found out about Faith. She just felt less important and that's on all of us, it's something we all need to change." I told her and I meant every word. Kol is the only one that ever showed Faith that she was important and that is... an annoying thought.
Hayley looked up at me and nodded. "You're right Klaus. I'm sorry" I shook my head at her apology as its not me who deserves the apology. Its our very mature, beautiful and smart daughter that should get this apology from us all.
"Mum? Dad?" A sweet voice called from the doorway and we both looked up at Faith who was standing and looking at us both. Hayley stood up immediately and walked over to her pulling her into a tight hug. Faith looked over at me slightly confused until Hayley started talking. "Faith baby I am so sorry. I am so sorry that I made or let anyone else make you feel less important than anyone in this family. I love you so much my sweet girl and you make me so proud every day as I get to watch you grow into this beautiful, smart and amazing young woman."
By this point I felt tears fighting to fall from my eyes as I tried to hold them back but as I looked at my daughters Faith I could see how much them words meant to her coming from her mother, she needed to hear them it healed her heart. She just hugged hayley back tighter than before. " I love you too mom" she mumbled into the hug.

Faith's P.O.V

Those words. I needed to hear those words. It's all I've ever wanted her to say. I always knew she loved me but all I ever wanted is to be an important member in this family, I just want to make them proud and she finally said it to me. All I could do was hug her back as tears rolled down my cheeks and on to her shirt.
I suddenly felt a sharp pain coursing through my body and I jolted from my mom and fell towards the ground. I felt arms around me as my dad caught me before I hit the hard floor but I was still in unbelievable amounts of pain to thank him. I was screaming out as each time I thought the pain couldn't be worse, it got worse. Before I knew it everything was fading to black.

"Dad..."

*************************************************************************

So here is part 23 sorry it isn't that good I am still trying to figure out where I am going with this story now. Hope you like it though!