2

Right now I'm just in my bedroom painting as per usual. It really calms me and makes me feel better when I'm feeling overwhelmed. I hear my dad walk in and can feel him watching me paint. "Hey dad. Is everything okay?" I turn and smile at him, he smirks back "yes luv everything is fine, I was just wondering if you wanted to grab some lunch with me?" he keeps the smirk on his face knowing what I'm going to say. "Of course dad, let me just wash up really quick since I've been painting and then we can go" I say really quickly with a smile on my face causing him to chuckle as my bottled excitement "Okay darling, I will be downstairs" he smiles and then turns to leave. "Okay" is the last thing I say before he is out of sight.

I am really excited to be able to get some quality time with my dad, he is always really busy so to get the chance to have some lunch with him is really exciting. I put down my paintbrush and quickly put it away with my paints. I walk to the bathroom and wash up my hands and face taking of my painting apron so that I was finally ready. I quickly and excitedly ran down the stairs to see my dad talking to Hope and part of me was hoping he never asked her to come with us since I wanted us to have some quality time.

"Faith, there you are. Are you ready to go luv?" He asked me as I got to the bottom of the stairs, I smile and nod. "Oh, you two are going out together for a bit?" Hope questions with a confused expression, this tells me that he hasn't asked her to come. I let out a small breath in slight relief as I walk towards them. "Yes, I decided to take Faith out for lunch since I haven't spent a lot of time with her lately" Dad smiles between us "I'd ask you to come but your mum told me she wants Freya to teach you some spells today" She just nods, I can tell she's disappointed he never asked her and it makes me feel bad. "Come on luv" my dad holds out his hand for me to take it, I was hesitant but took it and it felt so good to be able to have some daddy/daughter time with him "Bye Hope" I turn and give her a sympathetic look but she just glares at me. "We'll be back soon luv" Dad leans and kisses her cheek before we leave.

We get to Rousseau's and take a seat opposite each other and I notice my dad looking over to the picture of Cami that is on the wall and I can see the sadness in his eyes and I know he misses her more than he let's on. "Hey dad we can go somewhere else if you want" he looks at me realising that I notice him staring at the picture. "No luv, its fine don't worry" he reassures me with a small smile, and I nod. We order some food and then start making small talk.

"I'm really glad we finally get to spend some time together." I smile at him, "But there is another slight reason, other than wanting to spend time with you for this lunch date" he told me and my smile instantly faded "oh" was all I could say as I looked down at the table avoiding eye contact. "I'm worried about you darlin'," he leaned over the table and grabbed my hand but my body involuntarily flinched which caused him to look at me even more concerned, damn anxiety, "You have barely left your room all week and you brush everyone off including Elijah and your mother. What's going on sweetie?" I finally look up at him and sigh at his question, "nothing is wrong dad, I just.. I need my space" He gives me a look and I know he doesn't believe me but before he could say anything else our food comes.

Half way through the lunch I could feel my dads eyes burning into me and my every mood, I sighed "Something wrong dad?" He nodded instantly "Actually yes there is something on my mind, I saw how tense you were when I was talking to Hope and you relaxed when I mentioned her not coming. What's that all about?" I sighed, I was hoping that this never come up but here I am and I know that he wont let this go until I tell him. "Fine. I was hoping that you hadn't invited Hope on this lunch date. I mean I love her and all but sometimes I just feel that everyone favours her over me, she is all that anyone talks about and I just get fed up of being the forgotten about twin and I just wanted some alone time to bond with you." He sighs and looks at me as he reaches for my hand, this time I relax and don't flinch.
"Faith, nobody favours your sister over you. I personally love you both equally and I'm almost 100% sure your mother does too. Also luv if your uncle Kol or Elijah heard you talk like this I am sure they would make a grand gesture to show you how much you mean to them, so just.. keep that in mind" he smirks and winks at me causing me to chuckle slightly, "Honestly I doubt Uncle Elijah would care that much" I say quietly hoping he wouldn't hear it. "Listen darling, I love you so much and I love Hope too. I understand that i havent been around and that you're probably mad at me for cutting communication off with you when I had the incident with you're sister.. but the past 15 years have been the most amazing years I've had in over a thousand. You and your sister are my world and I would do anything for you. You're my princess, Faith" he talks to me with sincere in his voice as he tightens the grip slightly on my hands. I smile at him.

"I love you dad. I was mad about you cutting communication with me but honestly I took it all out on Hope, which I kinda feel bad about. But I'm just glad to be here with you today, there is no where I would rather be than here" He just smiled at me, as though he was satisfied with my answer and it had put him to ease. We finish our food in a comfortable silence.

-----------------------------------------------------
Let me know if you want more parts :) I'm not sure where I'm going with this story.