Trading x Blows? (Chapter 11)

Previously:
I laugh and go to Killua. I hug him and he smiles. He lets go and takes out a manga I have never seen before. I assumed it was Gon's and sat down. I take out my phone and I play one of the random games on my phone.

-Trading x Blows?-

I get up and walk around. I stop to hear people talking inside a room.

"Come on you can't be serious?"

I quietly press my ear against the door and I started to hear laughing. "Oh, I'm quite serious. The winner will pass the exam and earn the title of Hunter."

"But is that actually reasonable? The pairing I mean."

"Of course. Any more questions?"

"No...I will take my leave then." I hear a chair sliding and footsteps walking closer I hide behind the corner and watch Menchi walk away. I walk back to the room meeting Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio on the way. "Hey, Killua! I just found out-" I stop mid-sentence as I close the door. "Sorry! But umm...sorry! We are landing soon though. I am going to be with Gon. When you are done getting dressed can you bring my bag?" I was about to leave.

"Yeah. Ok. See you later!" Killua said through the door.

I walk away looking for Gon. I know that I looked like a blushing mess. "Ok everyone meet up at the entrance." I hear in the speakers. I walk over to the doors and I resume looking for Gon. "Oh hello (Y/N)! Where is Killua?" He asked when I found him. "He is coming soon enough." I give him a warm smile and he gives one back. The doors open and we start walking inside.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, everyone rested up? Good." We followed him to an arena. "Now then. The Hunter Exam Committee runs this hotel. So, I want all of you to make yourselves at home until this battle has concluded." I watch as an agent bring what looked like a whiteboard.

"For the final phase of the Hunter Exam, you'll be competing in a one-on-one tournament." He takes the cover off of the board. We look at it and Leorio was the first one to speak. "Hold on a second. So only the last person standing passes?"

"No. You only need one win to pass this phase."  Netero replied. "Just one?" Gon said in a doubtful voice. "Wait. So, in this tournament-" Leorio got cut off. "See it's the winners who will drop away and the losers who will advance to the next round which means the person who finishes at the top will not pass. Make sense to everyone?"

"You're saying that only one person will fail the exam?" The bald man disputed. "Exactly." The old man answered back. I stayed quiet for a minute. Tension hovered over like fog. "Here is the bracket we put together." He walked over to the board. This is probably what they were talking about. I look at the board and my first match is close to the top. "Impressive, yes?" Netero said. I snap back to reality. "You see under this format, every competitor has at least two chances to win around."

"Yeah but some people get five chances to win, like numbers 294 and 405." Someone named Pokkle said. "Couldn't you have used a more balanced bracket?" Another old man said. "This bracket was carefully assembled based on each of your individual performances through the Hunter Exam. To put it simply, those whose performances were rated highly will have the most chances to win." I hear Killua gasp. "I'm not convinced." I hear Killua say. "Could you explain how you scored out performances?"