Chapter 19

Nico's PoV

"Y-your M-m-majes-sty." The ghost stuttered as he bowed. 

"Cuthbert Binns." I said coolly. "Died in 1946 due to a fire. Escapee of the underworld. REASON THAT MY DAY WAS RUINED BY PAPERWORK ON FRIDAY 15TH OF OCTOBER 2016!!!!!!" I yelled the last part. 

"I...I..." He stuttered.

"A word outside please." I said, regaining my calmness. 

I walked out the door followed by the ghost.

"So, Cuthbert Binns escapee of the Underworld n°349. What do you have to say for yourself?" I asked.

"I-I-I... my Lord..."

He tried to form a plausible cause but he was taking too much time.

"You know what?" I asked, "I'm going to spare you for the time being. But put a tie out of line..."

I didn't finish. By the way the ghost paled, it was clear he understood the threat. I started walking back into the classroom.

"Notify all the other ghosts about this. You are responsible for this so if I found out you haven't done your job, you will be sent to my father."

Is stopped in front of the door and turned.

"Oh and Binns?"

"Y-yes m-my Lord?" He asked.

"No homework for me and my friends." I say and threw open the doors of the classroom.

I took my seat next to Will and he looked at me expectantly.

"What?" I asked, "Do I have something on my face?"

"What did tell him?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I feigned ignorance. "Why couldn't I just hold a casual conversation with one of my subject?"

"One, you were fuming when you saw the ghost and two, he's pale and shaking."

I turn my attention to the ghost and he was indeed very pale and trembling slightly. All the demigods were shaking with laughter. The wizards were staring between me and Binns with a confused look on their face. The rest of the class spent smoothly with the ghost droning on about some goblin war. He almost gave us homework but rethought his choice and decided to let us go with no homework.

We spent the whole free period exploring Hogwarts in small groups (mine consisting of Will, Hazel, Frank and surprisingly Clarisse who hadn't smashed anyone's head yet). Ancient Runes was fairly easy since we were going to be studying Ancient Greek and the culture in Ancient Greece. Easy A. We learned (and perfected in the demigod's case) the bird-conjuring charm in Transfiguration. Pooter managed to embarrass himself by boasting about how good he was when he couldn't even get the wand movement right ( there's an  idiom in Chinese which means to say that oneself is better than what they really are 言過其實. Thought it describes arrogant Harry very well. Now on with the story.). Well, him being embarrassed is none of my daily entertainments so I didn't complain. Arithmancy was okay. Annabeth particularly liked this subject because, well, she loved anything that made her think. We learnt about pixies during DADA with a werewolf professor called Remus Lupin. It was a pretty descriptive name since the original Remus was found by Lupa the she sold and Lupus meant some in Latin (note to reader: don't learn Latin. It would only give you a big headache).  It was as if Professor Lupin's parents actually wanted him to turn into a werewolf. Dumbledore explained his situation to us before we went to DADA so we wouldn't attack him. I was still a bit wary of him because of my last experience with Lycaon's pack but he seemed okay. The rest of the class was either wary (the slithering mostly) or overjoyed to get their professor back (all the other houses). We then are dinner and went to sleep.