Chapter 8

Leo's PoV

When we arrived, we followed the "golden trio" inside a castle. Apparently, that's what they are called. I get that they saved their world from some evil wizard, but golden trio? They are not made of gold. I mean, they're not celedons. I definitely do not want to hear them singing, they don't look like singers. Anyways, we followed the trio into the castle. When we got there, an old stern lady with her hair pulled in a bun came to us. 

"You must be the exchange students." She said "I am Miner..."

"Minnie!!!" Shouted Annabeth, getting out of her reverie about architecture, as she threw herself into the arms of "Minnie". Minnie, like Minnie Mouse. I snorted as I pictured her with a big bow on her head.

"Hello Annabeth. Anyways, as I was saying, I am Minerva McGonagall, daughter of Athena and head of the Griffindor house. Now if you would follow me, I'll take you to the entrance of the Great Hall. You will come in after we announce you."

We stopped in front of two gigantic doors. We just kind of stood there looking at each other, listening to a speech made by someone inside the Great Hall. It was awkward and boring. I pulled out some pipe cleaners and started making something. I don't know what. Just something. Hopefully it will turn out into something cool. After about ten minutes, I had more than ten mini-helicopters. I couldn't hear any sound coming from the room anymore. I wonder what it was. 

"I repeat, NOW, WE HAVE SOME EXCHANGE STUDENTS COMING TO HOGWARTS THIS YEAR AND THEY ARE WELCOMED TP COME IN."

Ohhh. Oooops.

Percy pushed open the double doors and we walked in in a V shape with Percy at the front, our steps synchronised. It could look a bit creepy to others but who cares. Annabeth shouted a "sorry" sheepishly.  I was bored so I let my helicopters fly out in the Great Hall, just for some dramatic effect. The Great Hall wasn't that big though. It was way smaller than the throne room on Olympus. I would call this... a big room. There were four big tables in the Big Room, one green, one red, one blue and one yellow. When we arrived at the other side of the Big Room, Minnie made us stand in a line near a wooden stool with an old hat on it.

"You are going to get sorted in a house. There are four houses, Griffindor, for the brave and reckless, Ravenclaw, for the wise and smart, Hufflepuff, for the loyal and hard-working and Slytherin, for the sly and cunning." She took out a roll of parchment and started calling out names.

"Clarisse LaRue"

She stood there looking at Minnie confused. The old teacher motioned the stool so Clarisse sat on it. The old hat  was put on her head and it shouted "Griffindor!". The people at the red table started cheering so she walked there. We all got sorted and we all got in Griffindor, there was only Annabeth, Nico and Percy who had to be sorted. I didn't like the hat, it made me relive my mother's death. It skimmed through our memory to sort us. I was worried for Annabeth, Percy and Nico. They have all lived difficult lives Then things started getting weird. When the hat was put on her head, she started looking very concentrated, as if she was trying to block her memories. We could see tears rolling of her face. Suddenly, the hat started to shout.

"GRIFFINDOR! GRIFFINDOR! GET ME OFF HER! OFF OFF OFF! GET HER AWAY FROM ME. I DON"T TO SEE ANYMORE. SO HORRIBLE. HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE????" Minnie took off the hat as Annabeth ran to us, tears obviously streaming down her cheeks. She went to Piper as she put her arms around her trying to calm her down. Percy looked like he wanted to run to her and comfort her, but her couldn't.

"Nico Di Angelo" Oh this was going to be bad. 

Nico sat reluctantly on the stool as the hat was put on his head. He paled and his eyes widened. His hands gripped the edges of the stool, as his knuckles turned white. The poor kid, he went through too much too young. Suddenly he let out a blood-curdling scream as the hat shouted

"GRIFFINDOR! GET HIM AWAY. HOW ARE YOU STILL SANE????? YOU'RE AS BAD AS THE GIRL!" 

He ran to Jason like Annabeth tears streaming out of his eyes as Will checked his pulse, muttering calming words to him. If they ever got together, I would totally approve. It's not time to think about thins Leo, I scolded myself. And then came the moment I dreaded. Percy's sorting. He went through much more than any of us.

"Perseus Jackson"

He walked slowly to the stool. The hat was put on his head. Suddenly, he paled as he squeezed his eyes as he tried not to scream. This was not right, he shouldn't hide his feeling. That would only make him more miserable. We were his friends, he should tell us what's wrong. Instead, he hides his feelings to not worry us. I sigh sadly, we tried everything to make him confide to us, but he wouldn't say anything. Suddenly, the hat fell on the floor. What? Minnie walked to it at held it up.

"Well," she said "It looks like the hat fainted" The hat suddenly started to shout

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!! SO MUCH PAIN!!!!! GRIFFINDOR!! HE HAS GONE THROUGH MORE THAN EVERYONE IN THIS SCHOOL HAS COMBINED! Expect the exchange students. BUT HOW ARE THEY ALL ALIVE AND SANE????? HOW....." Minnie put her hand over the gap that looked like a mouth and took it away.

Well, thanks hat, to make us relive all those terrible memories. I looked at Percy as he walked to us and pulled Annabeth in a hug. I noticed Harry giving them a glare but didn't care. That kid was going to be a pain, but we weren't supposed to hurt anyone so I just let it pass. We listened to Dumbledore's speech as we tried to foret those memories. We didn't speak. Suddenly, food appeared on plates in front of us. Cool! Percy whispered something to Annabeth and she shook her head.

"We don't need to sacrifice our food because of what we did last summer. And Hermione, come with us to our dorm after dinner. Minerva told us we had a separate one to you, we will explain everything. Just... don't say anything yet, okay?"

Hermione nodded as she started to eat. She still didn't know about the gods so technically, she didn't need to sacrifice yet. All of a sudden, ghosts came out of the walls of the room. Nico was going to get angry. I turned to him with an mischievous smile. As predicted, he was fuming.

Embarrassing fact: I did some research and actually the Leaky Cauldron is an inn so I didn't have to say "Let's pretend the Leaky Cauldron is an inn". So I deleted it. Anyways, sorry for not updating last Sunday (do we capitalise the days of the week in english(do we capitalise the e in english?)) but I had a few test and had homework so I didn't have time to update. Anyways, I'm on holiday! YAY! Have a great Christmas break! Bye!

PS-I don't know if I will be able to update next week because I don't know if there will be wi-fi where I'm going.

PPS-I'm updating today because I'm scared I will forget tomorrow.