The Demons and Humans go to school (Part 3/3)

Damn, we're finally here, huh?
I don't want to drag this on for too long but please read the next chapter after this as it will explain everything and I mean everything.

Let's get started.

The school bell rung as the sun was about to set. Suzuno slides the classroom door open to see Urushihara resting his head on the desk. As the orange tinted ray of light gently hit his face, she felt her heart skip a beat. An angel, she saw. She quietly walks up to him with a content smile, she pulled out a chair and sat in front of him. Staring at his sleeping face, she could only describe it as cute. She gently caresses his soft hair while a giggle escaped her mouth.

Suddenly, his hand grabbed hers. Suzuno was taken aback from this. Urushihara looked up and gave a smug look. "Funny to see you here," he spoke.

"I was waiting for you," slowly interlocking their fingers together.

"I thought you were going home with Rika and Emi?" He sat up.

"Both of them were busy."

The two stared at each other, appreciating their presence. The feint sounds of other students having conversations accompanied by their beating hearts. Hands locked together, both of them leaned in.

"Ahem," a voice called out, "school ended 30 minutes ago."

Both of them pulled back with red streaking across their faces.

"Yes, teach," both of them said in unison.

Packing their belongings and leaving the classroom embarrassed. Walking down the hallway, they looked at each other and laughed.

"Close one, huh?" Urushihara laughed.

They smiled together once more and held hands as they were leaving school.

"If you're not busy, can we go somewhere?" Suzuno asked.

"Sure, I got time to kill."

She leads him to the park and its garden.

"Why here?" He questioned.

"I... I just wanted to see some flowers with you, that's all," she looked away.

His hands tightened and they continued their stroll.

Suzuno stops at a set of flowers, staring intently at them. Urushihara noticed the blue flowers, "do you like these flowers?"

"Yes, do you know what they're called?"

"Sorry, but I'm not too into flowers, best I can name are sunflowers," he jokingly said.

"They're forget-me-nots."

He glanced at her face and saw she was lost in a trance. "Forget-me-nots? Odd name."

"Quite. They have a different name, but they're usually called forget-me-nots."

"They kinda match your eyes, don't you think?"

She blushed breaking out of her trance as he let out a laugh.

"My mother always told me about a story where a young princess gave this flower to her most loyal knight," she spoke softly, "it was a promise that they will always remember each other,"

"What happened?"

"The knight supposedly died in a battle not long after. He sacrificed his life so that the young girl could escape. Well, at least, the princess thought he was dead. The loyal knight miraculously survived the battle and kept the flower by his side at all times. A decade passed and the knight and the princess was finally reunited. But, she didn't recognise his face. With his heart shattered, he slowly accepted that it she wouldn't remember someone from so long ago. So, he rode off into battle once more not knowing this would be his last. As a parting gift, he left the flower as a gift to her. After she found the gift, everything came back to her but it was too late, the knight had been struck down. She broke down after hearing the news and every day was spent regretting not realising it sooner."

"Sounds kinda dark to tell a kid," he said.

"My mother always had a thing for tragic stories," she giggled.

The smile slowly disappeared from her face, "hey," she tugged on his sleeve, "please don't forget about me."

He looked at her solemnly, "of course not, I'll never forget you."

She stared at him with teary eyes, "thank you," she choked.

The winds blew against the two and carried the scent of flowers. The setting sun stained the sky orange and the rays of light gently hits her face. Her teary eyes glistened as he stared at her. An angel, he saw. He pulled her closer and slowly leaned in. Planting a kiss on her soft lips. He pulled away, she wrapped her arms around his body and pulled him into a deep hug. Tears stained his shirt as he heard muffled sobbing. He placed a hand on her head and gently caresses it. Nothing else could be heard. It was the loudest silence as the two stood in their own world.

"Thank you..."