My Story

What a bitter-sweet ending isn't it?

The last chapter was my shortest but in my opinion, it was the best written one.

I'm honestly shocked to see how far this book has grown. It's funny that I started the highschool arc for celebrating 3k reads, but as of currently we jumped to 21k. I cannot thank you, the readers, enough.

Like seriously, last I checked this account, the book only had 6k reads or something and now look!

If you're wondering, I am officially ending this book with the conclusion of the high school arc.

I am also officially finished with writing on wattpad, and any other domain for that matter.

That's it. You can stop reading this now but if you want to stay and read the rest of this to get a full explanation on everything, thank you.

Why I started
Why did I start this book? It's just like my profile's bio states, "just for fun." Nothing else to it. I wanted to do this because it was fun, the comments and read count never crossed my mind when starting out. I just wanted to enjoy myself.

3 years ago, when I started this book, I was a big fan of devil is a part timer (Season 2 Hype), so I jumped on wattpad and wanted to see some urushihara x suzuno things, but it was scarce, basically next to nothing. So I took it upon myself and decided to jot down some ideas for the pairing. At the same time, I was reading Tsurezure Children and I was in love with it's short story storytelling and how they were connected while building and developing relationships. So I thought, why not do the same thing but on a smaller scale? Thus, came this book.

Why I stopped
This one is probably the one you're mainly looking for. Many reasons factored in as to why I decided and wanted to stop writing.

I've matured, a lot. Like, a lot. You can probably tell the writing difference between the first chapter and the last chapter. When starting out writing, I was in year 10, I barely grasped the literature techniques writers used, hell, I barely even knew they existed. But now, I'm in my 2nd year of university. I've learnt so much about writing, whether it was persuasive, analytical or story writing, I've learnt a lot. I've learnt how to write with depth, how to give characters arcs to overcome and how to write dialogue and so much more. But the things I've learnt was going to be really difficult to implement in this book's kind of story writing. I could honestly do most of the things I've learnt but it would take a lot of time and effort and motivation. Which leads to my next reason.

Motivation. It's simple. I've lost motivation to write. But don't get this twisted. Just because I've lost motivation doesn't mean I've lost the love for writing. This journey, this book, it was a creative outlet for me and I loved it. I still love writing. I have countless of notes on my phone that are just the bare bones of a story. I love writing, coming up with story and keeping my mind active. I could see one everyday thing and take inspiration from it and craft a story. But I don't have the motivation to write. It's exhausting to express every detail of the world and character through words. It's so much more easier if I have the bare bones of a story on my phone and continue a story in my head. If there was an easy way to write the stories I have as notes and fully flesh them out, I would have them posted and drop them like a weekly anime. But, sadly, that luxury doesn't exist.

Time. I started this account in year 10 but started this book in year 11 and stopped writing at the end of year 11. Year 12 was the biggest year for my high school life. I needed to pull out all the stops to get into my uni course. Which was honestly a mistake, I should've enjoyed my time as the last year of high school and stressed less. That and external factors pressured me into this thought process. While time played a big part in stopping me from writing, I also dealt with many mental hurdles. But I don't need to bum anyone else more than I already am. I still remember times in year 12 where I wanted to finish the arc and continue writing but I just couldn't due to factors at play. In my first year of uni, I obviously couldn't do much with writing. It was my first year of uni so I wanted to give it my best shot but covid happened and most of my classes went online and my grades just threw itself out the window. While, yes, I did have more time in uni now, I could go back to writing, but the other reasons comes in and tells me not to write. Motivation, mental hurdles and more just pulled me away from writing.

Well, yeah, that's it. I understand that this isn't as sophisticated when it comes to terms of writing but it's just what's going through my head at the moment.

Time to finally close the doors. This was a really fun ride and I'm glad that it happened.

But I won't disappear as soon as this goes up, I'll take my time and stay active on this account for a week or so answering any lingering questions you may have.

Hey, maybe I will make a return and start a new story or finish my other one. But that's really unlikely so don't get your hopes to high.

Other than that. Thank you...

And please don't forget about me.

🎉 You've finished reading Am I In Love With A Demon? |(Maou x Emi)/(Ashiya x Rika)/(Urushihara x Suzuno) 🎉