The Demons and Humans go to school (5k read special) PART 2/3

Hey guys, so it's been a long time since I wrote the second part of this mini-arc for this book and I like to apologise for being so late. I'm finally on holidays and now I can write more chapters for this book.

Student Council President x Class Representative (Rika x Ashiya)

The sun was setting and students were going home from school while two particular students had to stay back because they were in trouble. Many students made plans for the coming weekend, some decided to go to the arcade with their friends and others went home straight away to finish homework. Everyone had their own plans but one specific student had also made plans to confess her love to a certain dense student. The brown haired student was found pacing back and forth behind the school building, waiting in anticipation if her crush would come or not.

A ringtone was heard and buzzing was felt in the pockets of her skirt, she picked up her phone and saw that Emi was calling her.

"Hey Rika, I just got out of the longest lecture, have you confessed yet?" She asked.

"Not yet, he's hasn't met up with me yet," Rika responded.

"He'll show up for sure, just give him a minute and when you guys do go out, there's that new cafe and they have the best shortcakes, you guys should definitely go there," Emi laughed through the phone.

"Umm, that cafe is fairly new and you always begged us to go there with you, how do you know their shortcakes are the best?" She questioned.

"W-well I-I... Umm... I NEED TO GO NOW!" Emi screamed and hung up the phone obviously flustered.

Rika looked at her phone with confusion as to why Emi hung up so suddenly but she decided to ignore it and continued to wait.

Seconds became minutes and anxiety became sadness. Minutes passed but it felt like an eternity. The student council president sat on the grass and waited for Ashiya to come while holding back tears that was ready to burst out any second. Her heart ached in pain as she waited alone.

Finally, an hour passed since waiting and there was no sign that he would be coming any time soon. Rika was overcame by the feeling of sadness and she cried her heart out. Tears fell down her face like a waterfall as her eyes swelled up from the tears. She wasn't rejected by the one she loved but instead she cried because of the feeling on loneliness. Drowning in a wave of sadness, she cried until her body gave up on her. She sat alone on the grass sobbing and the last few tears trickled down her face. There was no way to get rid of the feeling of loneliness, she didn't want to call her friends because she didn't want them to see her in a weakened state. Struggling to pick herself up from the ground, she placed her hand against a wall to balance herself. She walked to the school's gate and saw that everyone had already left, it was no surprise though, it has been an hour since school ended. On her way home, she walked through a park and she saw an empty bench. Rika decided to take a break but when she sat down, tears started emerging from her eyes again.

(Looking back, maybe I shouldn't write my stories while listening to sad songs)

Unbeknownst to Rika, Ashiya had been stuck in school helping a teacher with small chores. He was in distress as he saw the setting sun complemented with the vast open orange sky. Despite knowing that the person who wrote the letter would most likely not be there, he continued to the back of the school hoping he could talk to her. Sad and worried, the person who wrote him the letter wasn't there. Ashiya felt bad as he knew he kept her waiting for a long time. Reluctantly, he started to head home.

As he walked through the park, he saw the School Council President crying her eyes out on an empty bench. His heart shattered at this sight and Ashiya couldn't help but walk to her. "Rika... is everything okay? Why are you crying here?" He asked with a soft tone.

Wiping away the tears, "I-I'm o-okay... Don't w-w-worry about-t me," she spoke as she choked on her own words. She looked up to Ashiya and smiled weakly hoping it would relieve him of his stress.

This did not help him as his heart shattered even more. He sat down next to her and pat her back. "It's okay if you want to cry, Rika, just cry and when you're ready, we can talk." He said with a gentle voice. She looked at her crush for a second and saw the sadness in his eyes, she held onto him as she cried endlessly. Despite his shirt being soaked by her tears, he allowed her to cry and vent until she got better. This continued for minutes until she felt ready to speak. From crying aloud to soft sobbing, she got better as she held onto his uniform.

She pulled herself away from him and looked into his eyes with her bloodshot eyes. They sat on the once empty bench in the middle of the empty park. The two of them got lost in each other's eyes as they stared at each other. "Ashiya, thank you," Rika broke the silence.

"It's okay, is everything better now?" He asks.

She silently nods as he lips quiver.

"Why were you crying? He asks her again

"I had thought my crush didn't care for me and he left me alone... but I can see now that he still cares," she said with a weak smile.

"I'm glad that you're happy now but who is this person that would leave you alone?"

"The... The person I like... is..." She struggled to get the words out of her mouth. The setting was perfect for a confession, alone with each other in the park, setting sun, gentle breeze, the mood was perfect.

"I-I like... I mean the person I love is..."

"Oi Ashiya! Dude, why aren't you home yet? Me and Maou needs to eat!" Urushihara screamed from behind while waving his right hand while his other hand was being tugged by Suzuno.

"Urushihara, what are you doing?"

"Nothing much, how about you guys?"

"Urushihara, I believe we should leave them alone," Suzuno interrupted.

"Okay, I'll see you when you get home," Urushihara said as he walked away.

Ashiya and Rika looked at each other with an awkward silence.

"Sorry about that but what were you saying?" Ashiya continued.

"Don't worry about it, you should get home soon," She said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah everything will be alright."

Ashiya reluctantly walked away from the brown haired girl.

"This is okay, I'll tell him when the mood is right again. Damn Urushihara ruining everything," she thought as she waved goodbye to her crush.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I might take another break but it won't be long like my other breaks. It's just that I've haven't been feeling myself lately so I'm gonna take some time to try and recover. The ending here was quite bad but I rushed it because I wanted to get this out as soon as possible. At the time of writing the ending, I wasn't really feeling it. Once I get better, I'll probably fix this ending and improve it.