The Demon General goes on a date (AxR)

"Greetings, Suzuki-san, it's a pleasure meeting you here," Ashiya said.

"H-hi Ashiya," Rika stuttered.

"Well, shall we get going?" Ashiya questioned.

"What do you have in mind?" Rika asked.

"I've made some food from home so that we can reduce the money we spend today, so how about we go to the park?" The Demon General said as he held up a picnic box full of food.

Rika giggled at his cheapskate attitude, "That sounds perfect."

The two made their way down to the park. The walk was silent but Rika still enjoyed being in Ashiya's company. She slowly drifted closer to his side as they kept walking and at this point, they were touching each other arms. Rika knew this was a bold and risky move but she continued to do it nevertheless. Ashiya, however, didn't pay any attention to how close Rika was.

When they made it to that park, they found an area to sit. It was on the soft grass in front of a swing set where kids were playing. They both sat down and Ashiya pulled out sandwiches for the both of them. He handed one to Rika which she gladly accepted it.

She took a bite out of the homemade sandwich, "mmm, this is really good, what's in it?"

"Haha, that's for me to know and for you to find out," Ashiya said giving a nervous giggle. Little did she know, he made two different batches of sandwiches, one was normal sandwiches and the other had demonic energy infused into it.

Thankfully, he only put a little bit to the point where it doesn't hurt a human in any way.

They continued to eat and conversate as the gentle breeze of the wind brushed against their face and body. The sky was blue and the temperature was just right. It was truly a perfect day for a date. They smiled and laugh as they were enjoying each other's company. Rika felt her feelings for him grow as the continued. Ashiya felt something warm in his chest but he didn't understand what it was.

As they were talking, a ball rolled over to them. A kid ran over to pick it up but stopped a couple steps away. The little kid was afraid of Ashiya's presence. He quickly took note of this and stood up to show his tall build. He picked up the ball and head over to the kid. He gave the ball to the kid and smiled, "here you go, now go run back and play," he said as he pat the kid's head. The kid soon found comfort in Ashiya and smiled as he ran back to his mum.
The Demon General smiled proudly as he watched the kid run back and play.

However, Rika wasn't so happy. "Why doesn't he pat me on the head like that? I want head pats too, y'know?" She thought as she looked at him walking back to her.

The day was coming close to an end and the sun was about to set soon, they already finished eating all the sandwiches and they had been relaxing for the time being. It was silent until Rika brought up a question, "so, Ashiya, what do you think of me?"

He was taken back from the sudden question, "hmm, well, I guess I see you as a friend." He took a glance at Rika and it appeared she was saddened by his statement.

"I mean, you're definitely someone I can always rely on, you're someone I can count on when I'm facing with issues, so I guess you're a really close friend of mine."

Rika's mood brightened up as she smiled and slightly tilted her head while facing Ashiya. He saw this and felt his heart skip a beat, "what... what is this warm feeling? Why... why is my heart racing?" He was lost in thought.