Chapter 2

Waverly's POV

"By order of city council, effective immediately, all anti-monster laws are reinstated," she said firmly, pounding her gavel on the podium. All of a sudden, the humans began cheering while the zombies groaned and protested.

"That's not fair!" Screamed a few zombies across the room. The room eventually got too noisy to handle, so I headed outside in the sunshine to get some fresh air and to get away from the madness inside.

Stepping out of the large city council building, my gaze darts towards the woods, meeting a familiar brown-eyed gaze from a figure inside. I know I shouldn't be, but I feel... drawn to it, the whole woods in general even, it's weird. In the distance I hear a howl, and almost instantly the figure broke my gaze and ran back deeper into the woods. I was curious to see where he was headed, so I decided to follow him. I walked off the sidewalk and onto the perfectly cut grass that Seabrook always has, and slowly made my way to the woods. I followed the same path as the werewolf did, avoiding the briers and low hanging branches.

I could hear the panicked screams of the Seabrook residents in the background. What happened to them? Just a second ago, we were ok with Zombies, and now that we know there are Werewolves, who may I add haven't been a problem to us since we settled here, they are all freaking out and taking things overboard, its ridiculous! Hopefully this doesn't last long!

I pulled out my camera and decided to take some pictures of the beautiful landscape. I have been in the Forbidden Forest lots of times before, but I have never really understand the beauty of nature until recently. Nature really helps you clear your mind when its overfilled with thoughts.

I focus my thoughts back to the werewolf, trying to follow the same path as him. After quite a while of following him, I decided to take a rest and sit down. I found a large rock and sat down, placing my things on the ground beside it. I closed my eyes, and just focused on the sounds of nature. The birds chirping. The wind blowing. The water of a nearby creek rushing by. I love it. Then, I hear I twig snap, and I open my eyes, coming once again face to face with the attractive brown-eyed werewolf I saw earlier. I was about to scream, but I felt a warm hand cover my mouth before I could.

"Don't scream, I'm not going to hurt you. I would like to introduce myself, I'm Wyatt," the werewolf explained before extending his other hand towards me. I hesitantly shook his hand, and he removed the one from over my mouth, exposing my blush.

"I'm Waverly," I whispered.

"Well, Waverly, I saw you at the, I think it's called, the Cheerleading campgrounds, and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, because you're too pretty to be real," he smirked. I got butterflies in my stomach. Was he trying to flirt with me?

"Um, thanks. I think I need to be going now, my family is probably worried about me, with the werewolf frenzy and everything," I laughed a little.

"I understand, some werewolves can be rude and bloodthirsty, but lucky for you, I'm not like that, if you're lucky," he joked making me laugh a bit.

"Nice meeting you Wyatt," I said as I got up from my rock and grabbed my stuff and left. I could feel Wyatt's stare in the back of my head, and I didn't exactly mind it. I smiled a little and headed home.

I knocked on my front door. Almost instantly my mother opened it and pulled me into a bear hug.

"Thank goodness your back, I was so worried. I thought that you were attacked or lost or something," she crys before letting me out of the hug.

"Sorry Mom, I just went on a walk, too much stuff was going on in there." I explain.

"I totally understand, there's dinner on the table, I'm going to bed, love you sweetie," she yawned and kissed my forehead before walking to her and Dad's bedroom and closing the door behind her.

I walked to the kitchen, grabbed my dinner, and headed for my bedroom. It's been a long day.

Wyatt's POV

After watching Waverly leave, I made my way back to the Wolf Den.

"There you are, Wyatt, were did you go?" Asked Willa sternly.

"For your information, I saw the white-haired girl from earlier. They heard you howl! We're exposed!" I retorted.

"So what. I was only saying AHWOOO! It's like saying Aloha or Ciao or I'll RIP your throat out! Who cares anyway, it's a terrible town anyway!"

"Willa, we found the Great Alpha, she can lead us to the Moonstone!" I argue.

"If she really is the Great Alpha, it was probably just the light!" She argued back.

"Willa, we don't have a chose, more and more of our pack is getting sick every day, we have to find the Moonstone," I finish.

"Fine, but you better be right about this, brother," Willa gives in, "But even if she is the Great Alpha, where do we even find her?"

"I found this in the woods, it says Seabrook High, we could start there," I say as I hold up Waverly's forgotten Seabrook High sweatshirt. I'll have to return it, too.

"We leave tomorrow morning," I command.

"We leave tonight," Willa interjects.

"That works too," I add.

"Now to just wait until morning," I think while in the air vent. It's going to be a looooooooong night.

A/N

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy. Happy Easter! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please vote and comment and as always, have a good day👍