Chapter 15

Waverly's POV

That's it. The Elders said there was no way to fix Emilio's Moonstone. No way to save him. Except... maybe...

Wyatt turned to face me. "What are you thinking, Babe. You look like you have an idea,"

"Wyatt, remember that one night you took me for a midnight picnic?"

"Ya, you do not know how long it took me to set that up! It was all worth it though seeing the surprised look on your face! Wait! What does this have to do with earlier?"

"Because I just remembered this but on our way back, I saw something off the path, maybe a rock, and it had something written on it. All I could make out was it said something about mending a sacred stone. Do you think that could mean a Moonstone?" Wyatt wrinkled his brows, trying to process what I had just said, then a second later his face softened and he grabbed my shoulders and his face beamed with delight.

"Waverly, what other stone do you know of that people think are sacred! None! Only Moonstone! You might have solved our problem! We have to go find that stone!"

"Its 7 at night, Wyatt! We can't go right now, I'm tired and I have Addison to take care of, how about tomorrow or the next day?"

"I guess we can look tomorrow, just don't tell your sister, er- Addison, yet, don't want to get her hopes up, ya know?" He suggested.

"Ya, I won't tell her yet, just to be safe," I agreed.

"Goodnight Lovely," Wyatt whispered in my ear before kissing me.

"Love you too," I ruffled his already messy hair and left the crowded room. I tried to remember where my room was, it doesn't look like it, but this place is quite large actually.

Once I finally stumbled upon my room, I knocked on the door a couple times and opened it just the slightest bit. I peeked my head into the room and looked around until I spotted Addi laying face down on my bed, probably sleeping. As quietly as I could, I stepped in and closed the door. I tiptoed over to the side of my bed and brushed the hair out of the blonde's face, and saw her eyes open, red and puffy still.

"Hey sleepy head," I said making her smile.

"How'd the meeting go?" She slowly asked. Still half asleep she sat up and leaned her head against the backboard. I hopped up on the foot of the bed and took her hand in both of mine.

"Not good, to be honest, they said that, that they know of, there is no way to fix a Moonstone, but..." I stopped talking, thinking if I should say what I was about to say.

She shut her eyes and took a few unsteady breaths. I knew she was trying to keep herself from crying, so I spilled what was supposed to be kept a secret, "But there might be another unknown way," Addi looked up, a tear trickling down her cheek but a small bit of hope in her watery eyes, "One night, about a week ago, Wyatt surprised me with a cute picnic in the forest, and on the walk home, I saw this stone, and on it it said something about mending some sacred stone or something, and we were talking about it, and we are pretty sure it means a Moonstone, so there might be a way to save Emilio."

Addison's face brightened up immediately, making me also happier. Then, out of nowhere, I was pulled into a bear-hug, making me laugh.

I rubbed the side of her arm and said, "You cannot tell anyone I told you this. I wasn't supposed to tell you and get your hopes up, but I just couldn't resist,"