Chapter 17

Waverly's POV

"There, are you happy now, we ate," I asked, arms crossed over my chest.

"Yes, yes I am," Wyatt replied, a silly smile on his face, making me smile.

"Soooo... are we still going to go to my mother's house?" Addison butted in.

"Ya, let's get going," I say, pointing towards Seabrook with my head.

As we walk through the woods, the only sounds I could hear was my own conflicting thoughts.

What if someone just put that rock there as a prank?

What if my father never got that potion thing?

What if it never existed in the first place?

Will my aunt actually have it?

Then, I feel a tap on my shoulder, bringing me out of my thoughts, and good thing too because I was about to run straight into a tree.

"Oh! Where did that come from?" I laugh at myself, and so does someone else. I turned around and saw Wyatt. I forgot he was here for a second.

"Ya, you gotta watch out for those trees, they just pop out of nowhere," he teases me.

"Haha," I say back and start trying to catch up with the others.

He runs and catches up with me and puts his arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, what were you thinking back there. You don't just walk into shrubbery on purpose," he laughs.

"Well, I was thinking, what if this doesn't work. What if... what if this whole "potion that can fix a 'sacred stone'" shit isn't real. What do we do then?" I ask, worry in my voice.

"Let's just hope it is. But if it isnt, we'll figure something out, I promise," he turns his head and looks into my eyes, his own filled with remorse. I smile a little. He kisses my forehead, "We'll figure something out."

"Come on you guys, we ain't got all day!" Willa yelled back from about 20 feet in front of us. I hadn't realized we'd stopped walking.

"We're coming, we're coming!"

We run and catch up with them in no time.

"And now to enter Seabrook, with it's bright pastels and peppy attitude, makes me sick," Willa mumbled the last part.

"Willa, maybe if you spent just a little time with us then you'd be more tolerant of our style choices," Addi defended.

"Ya, that's not going to happen Princess," she retorted back.

"Let's just go guys," I saw, taking the first step onto the concrete sidewalk.

It took a few minutes to get from the Forbidden Forest to my aunt's house, but I hadn't been here for quite some time, so I didn't mind.

We stop in front of the pastel house with a mayoral sign in front of it. We're here.

Addi and I stepped forward first while Willa and Wyatt followed behind a couple steps. I knocked on the door a couple times, and it immediately opened.

"Carl, I already told you, please sto- oh, it's you two. ITS YOU TWO! I missed you guys so much," she pulled us into a tight hug. Once she let us go, she looked up and saw Wyatt and Willa. She looked back at us and asked, "Is something up?"

"Yes, there is. Mom, can we all speak to you inside?" Addi speaks.

"Ya, sure," she leads us into the kitchen.

"There's brownies in the microwave if any of you want some," she adds.

"Thanks Missy!" Wyatt says, darting right towards the microwave.

"So girls, what did you want to talk to me about?" she taking a seat across from us at the table.

"Ome question first, what and I suppose to call you? Because your not my mom so I can't call you Mom, but saying Aunt Missy is a little strange as well?" I questioned.

She reached out and grabbed my hand, "Honey, you can still call my Mom, I don't mind one bit."

"Thanks Mom," I reply before continuing, "So, we have a question,"

"Ask me anything,"

"Well, when my actual mother and father were alive, did they ever give you a container or something, something that looked special?"

"Oh my god, I forgot about that entirely," she whispers, shock in her voice.

"So it is real?" I ask.

"Yes. Yes it is. Girls, let me tell you something. A couple days before my sister and her husband were murdered, they showed up at my door, saying that they needed to give me something. Something that I should never speak about in public. Because of them," she trailed off.

"Because of who?" I ask.

"Because of the hunters,"

"You mean the same hunters that killed them?"

"Yes Sweety. Your parents, they came into this house and your father, the current Alpha, pulled a vile out of the side of his jacket and handed it to me. He told me that the mixture in this vile was one of the two most important things to a werewolf. He said that it could mend a Moonstone, but he couldn't keep ahold of it," she explained.

"Did he say why he couldn't, was it dangerous?" Addi asks from beside me. Our mother continues.

"To werewolves, no it wasn't dangerous. It wasn't dangerous to us either, but it sure was valuable at the time. Hunters from all around traveled to Seabrook, just to stalk the Forbidden Forest for werewolves, in case they had the potion on them."

"Is-is that what happened to my parents? Did the hunters kill them because they thought they had it on them?" I ask, peicing everything together.

"Yes, but they didn't have it on them, because they had given the vile to me," she finishes.

"Everything on the stone makes so much sense now!" Willa burst out.

"It does! Mom, do you still have the potion?" Addison spoke.

"I do, I'll go get it for you." She got up from her chair and walked upstairs, into what seemingly was my bedroom. Soon after, she walked back holding a clear vile, holding a glowing liquid, glowing identically to a Moonstone.