Choosing Fate .:3:.

“Oh don’t you dare blame this on him!” Emerie shouted. “Don’t you dare! Dex and Rill may have fed me lies but they were comforting and they were kind to me! They were family! They were family while you were sleeping with your husband, ignoring the fact that your child knew nothing of her past! That she knew nothing of her childhood, her heritage and what her well-being was! You fed her lies and so she had been sleeping in a cemetery so many times, mourning over parents that I thought were my real ones who had died tragically! I was thinking vengefully to get to Killer Ted and to get my revenge!”

Emerie refused to cry.

She may be shouting childishly, throwing a tantrum if not but she wouldn’t cry.

Emerie did not cry.

“I thought my life was screwed up enough,” Emerie said, lowering her voice. “I thought it was screwed up that my parents had died. That I wasn’t exactly normal because I slept in the cemetery on my adoptive parents’ tombstones! I thought that I had it hard but now . . .”

She let out a dark, bitter chuckle.

“Look at the mess that you made,” Emerie said hysterically, sharing her weight on both feet. “Look at the mess! I’ve met my own biological parent like this! Because of you, Dex and Darryl had almost whisked me off to some Hidden City named Akorin; my birthplace which I didn’t know of because of you! Everything leads back to you!”

“Don’t you dare talk to me like that!” Damaris shouted, her voice ringing clearly and smoothly over Emerie’s hysterical cries of annoyance. “I am your mother!”

With that, a snap in the distance of Emerie’s mind ended it all.

Emerie flew across the desk and tackled the beautiful woman to the ground.

How could Damaris have not seen this coming? Dexter thought, bewildered as he tried to break up the two powerful women apart.

“You are not my mother!” Emerie hollered.

The door burst open but Emerie didn’t care. She was blind with rage.

She punched Damaris’s stomach and clawed at her soft golden curls. The familiarity of feeling the golden hair in Emerie’s fingers made her sick. Yes Damaris may have been her birthparent but –

Emerie let out a howl of pain when something struck her in the back.

Damaris let out a cry of agony. “Don’t you dare hurt her!”

Emerie let out a scream of annoyance, clawing at Damaris’s face, desperately wishing that she would feel the pain and loss that Emerie had felt for eleven long, damned years!

“Damaris!”

Through all the blind rage, Emerie stopped, planting her feet into the ground though the pain made her back ache.

She knew that voice.

She hadn’t heard it in eleven years, possibly more.

That voice . . .

“Ryker!”

Something snapped inside of Emerie and it took all of her will not to turn around and attack the owner of the low voice.

Emerie turned on her heel, eyes ablaze and nostrils flaring. This time . . . this time she knew she would face both of her biological parents; together.

As soon as she saw the golden woman in the arms of a purple haired man, she recognised him instantly.

Violet eyes, violet hair and chiselled features were all too familiar; her other biological aren’t.