Choosing Fate .:26:.

It seemed as though all of them had burst at the seams.

The Elementals roared with agony, lighting up the entire courtyard in flames. And they struck Dexter through his heart.

The Fire Elementals rose in the air by the pressure of the flames and they continued to scorch Dexter’s sinful skin, the smell of burning flesh filling the air once again.

Water Elementals started to dehydrate the evil, corrupt man and watched him scream in agony as he felt his life slipping away. Not yet.

The Air Elementals started to choke him, forcing the air to leave his lungs and enter with a blasting force that ripped his lungs in two.

And last but not least the Earth Elementals had their revenge. Vines of the strongest plantation rose from the ground at the command of the Earth Elementals’ extended arms as they suffocated and constricted Dexter’s body.

A blood-curdling scream echoed through the air, escaping Dexter’s burning throat and suddenly he burst. An explosion of charred tattered skin and dried blood splattered everywhere.

Ryker didn’t care nor did his wife, his mother-in-law and Cian. They rushed to Emerie who lay limp on the blood-soaked ground, her clothes stained with crimson red liquid.

“Emerie!” Darryl roared, charging towards his sister who may be on the brink of death. “Get her to safety! Now!”

Emerie was conscious but barely, her eyes unable to open. She felt the pure, sweet blissful essence of life leave her and the last thing she saw was her wolf’s face.

Filled with hope and promises.

She couldn’t let that expression go. She reached out, grasping it as sounds started to cease in her ears. The last sweet melody she would ever hear was the howl of a wolf.

All was black.

Nurse Whatford was running amok, healing all those that had a chance of survival.

All the fully-fledged Earth Elementals were running to her aid, helping her heal. Nurse Whatford honestly didn’t care about the others as there was only one person she truly wanted to save.

Emeria Corliss Hartley.

The poor girl had been shot to the heart and nobody was able to tell whether it had struck the core of her being or not. Nurse Whatford fought back tears in her green eyes as she roughly shoved everybody away from the sheets on the ground that made a hard bed as the infirmary had been destroyed amongst the battle.

Emerie had her eyes closed and her skin was colder than the ice from the Antarctic.

“She’s breathing,” Cian said gravely, unable to speak while Raquel buried her face into his shoulder. “But only barely.”

“Her heart still beats,” Elder Carvill whimpered, the Head Elder’s arms wrapped around her reassuringly. “But I can’t see anything.” Emerie’s grandmother let out a humourless chuckle. “Always getting into such trouble for us. The Destinies refuse to tell anybody what will become of Emerie. She is in battle for her life. I can feel it.”

Nurse Whatford grunted, her hands giving off a green glow as she turned over Emerie’s body, her green glowing hands almost trembling.

The atmosphere was sorrowful, filled with guilt and regret that they hadn’t come to Emerie’s aid before the bullet had shot her.

That bastard has been long gone though everybody wished that they could have tortured him more.

This . . . this amazing girl had risked her life to bring peace to the world, using her chosen Element which she barely knew of.