Choosing Fate .:18:.

From the words that his wife spoke, Ryker felt on edge.

Meanwhile Emerie chattered away with Libby quietly and as soon as all the presentations were finished, they filed out.Emerie snorted, amused. “That was pointless. We walk up, we walk down. Everybody watches. Everybody leaves.”

Libby smiled dryly. “Presentation is everything Emerie.”

“All right girlies,” Darryl said with a grin, slinging a casual arm around Cian’s broad shoulders. Darryl acted as though they were best friends! Emerie’s eyes widened in surprise. Since when were they so buddy-buddy with each other?!

“Meet my friend Xenith,” Cian said with a broad grin.

A silver-haired teen not much older than Cian or Darryl stepped up with a lopsided grin on his face. “Xenith at your service and I own you in Air,” he boasted, holding out a hand.

“Libby,” she said with a slight sneer, shaking his hand. “I’ll burn you to a crisp.”

“Is that a challenge?” he bellowed, raising an eyebrow.

“Guys it’s the night,” Emerie complained. “Shut up and get along.”

Xenith scowled then smirked. He bolted into the sky, lying down on his back suspended in mid-air and floated around. “Come on! It’s fun!”

“Unlike you not all of us can fly,” Raquel said dryly, appearing from behind Cian.

“I can,” Darryl said smugly, drawing on water from thin air.

“How did you –?” Emerie started, shocked.

“I’m a fully-fledged Water Elemental dear sister,” he said smugly. “I’m awesomer than you think.”

He shot into the air, a string of water keeping him in the air as he chased after Xenith. “Xenith needs air to fly,” Cian said wickedly.

“And Darryl needs water to fly,” Raquel said. “Emerie!”

“Can’t we find somebody else to do it?” she complained.

“No,” all three of her friends snapped and pointed to the two childish boys who chased each other around like kids.

Emerie raised her hand and clenched her fist.

The air stopped propelling Xenith and he fell for the ground, arms flailing as he barely managed to conjure up a pad of air that pushed against him, absorbing the impact and stopping his fall.

“I want to do Darryl!”

Crispin appeared from nowhere, blue eyes wild with excitement as his hand lurched out and pulled back in tightly.

The string of water jerked backwards, hauling Darryl towards them.

Crispin immediately unclenched his hand and held his arms up, creating a thin wall of water for Darryl to collide into as soon as it froze.

Darryl groaned, sliding to the ground and faced the high ceiling. “You’re all so mean to me.”

“Yes but we’re cool like that,” Raquel and Libby said in unison, exchanging high-fives.

“Can’t we just relax?” Emerie suggested, leaning against the wall and slid down, sitting down comfortably on the marble.

Libby grinned, joining her friend and smoothened out her yellow dress. “You know you still need to try out the Destiny power.”

Emerie frowned at this. “I asked Ryker about it once but he ignored me.”

“He doesn’t exactly want you learning Destiny,” Cian said with a frown, brow creasing. “He finds it dangerous for us both if you were able to see something that you weren’t allowed to.”