Choosing Fate .:24:.

A cruel smirk lit up his face and his kind, loving face melted away like a mask being slowly torn off.It had been an act all along.How could this be? This . . . this has got to be a trick!

“Yes Emerie it’s me,” he sneered. “Stop with the drama we’re in the real world.”

She let out a scream of annoyance. “You freaking bastard! Look at all that blood down there! They’re your kind!”

He let out a guffaw. “Really Emerie? Are they really my kind?”

“Yes!” she screeched. “Look at them! Your close friends; Damaris and Ryker! I’m your niece! The girl you’ve taken under your wing and Darryl . . .”

A choked sob escaped her.“How could you betray us all?” she whispered, still in shock.

Dexter, the man she had always seen as a fatherly figure. The man who had been there for her while she had troubles in her life.How could she have not seen it?

“Emerie,” he said with an annoyed sigh. “I suppose you won’t let me talk will you?”

“I’m not finished!” she shrieked. “Look at all those people down there! They’re dying all because of your filthy betrayal! Look at what you did! All those innocent people! You were behind it all! How – how can –”

“Let me talk,” he snapped, extending an arm. “You really want to know my motives?”A ball of fire ran at him and he deflected with such ease that shocked Emerie.“Impedimentum!” he shouted, a blast of green exploding around the two figures.

He remained supported in the air with a hovering slab of earth. “You really want to know my motives?” he sneered. “Why I’m going to kill you as soon as you find out? No wait . . . I should let you live and watch everybody die and soon I’ll kill you painfully and last. You’ll be scarred and –”

She spat.Literally.

Her saliva flew from her lips and landed on his face.He wiped it away and let out a roar, extending his arms and tensed them.The vines tightened, forcing a scream of terror and pain from Emerie’s throat.

“STOP!” she shrieked. “Let me go!”

“Oh poor, poor Emerie,” he snickered. “Just because you’re the Turnover doesn’t mean I have to do everything you say! You bitch! You’re the main reason why I’m attacking!”

“Why?” she screamed. “Why?!”

A sharp crack echoed throughout the protective green orb as Emerie’s head snapped to the side.This was the second time she had been slapped, the first time being her grandmother who snapped her out of her vision.

“Because,” he snarled, fists clenching at his sides. “You are the offspring of Ryker and Damaris Hartley.”

“So is Cian,” she whispered, tears filling her eyes yet she blinked them back forcefully. She hated this; unable to attack this disgrace to Elementals. She wanted to end him and –

“You’re more fun to toy with,” he sniggered. He sighed. “Cian was too much of a fighter. Frankly I hated him all this time; he was an annoying stick in the ass. And now you’re thinking; why? Let me tell you; I was Damaris’s lover. Before your wretched father stole her away from me! He used his damned Time abilities to win her over! Damaris and I had been perfectly fine; we were happy!”

He was shouting at the top of his lungs, fists shaking and the green glow shining furiously on the membrane of the orb.

“And then when you and Cian came along it was a plan I held for revenge,” he announced. “Ryker was my target. I was still a close friend in their eyes. I planned it all. And now . . . my true lover Lora . . .”