Choosing Fate .:9:.

Before Emerie could start focusing on the earth, the ground rumbled and she felt it shifting beneath the soles of her shoes.

“Crap this is what they do?” Emerie shouted over the loud grumble of the earth shifting.

“Mrs Wakefield is a really powerful Earth Elemental!” Libby yelled back, fat fingers digging into Emerie’s arm for help.

Emerie scowled, narrowing her eyes at an older boy who had eccentric violet hair and had his back to her. All those without green hair and green eyes were stumbling along the ground, Air Elementals flying into the air to save themselves from the shifting ground.

Emerie however stood her ground firmly, not the slightest bit shaken. Hmm maybe Earth wouldn’t be such a bad idea to choose . . .

Emerie shook her head disbelievingly. She did not need to think about choosing an Element right now! She stumbled over towards the purple-haired guy whose structure was similar to that of Ryker.

“What’s the other assistant’s – ahh!” Emerie let out a scream when the earth shot up beneath her feet.

She wasn’t the only one.

Other non-Earth Elementals were screeching as circular platforms shot up into the sky, at least fifty feet off the ground.

Libby let out a horrified squeal when she lost her grip on Emerie as her own platform shot up.

All of a sudden it stopped yet several girls continued to scream their annoying heads off.

“All right, calm down!” someone snapped.

The platforms vibrated as another circular landing shooting into the air and stopping as soon as it was level with the other platforms.

A relatively young teacher in her mid-thirties stood on a platform, an annoyed expression on her face.

“I do this all the time yet all you girls do is scream your bloody heads off!” she snapped angrily. “Man up! This is not a world for panicking!”

She narrowed her eyes at several girls with fiery hair and another group with silver hair.

“This time I won’t be separating you into groups by Elements,” she called out loudly, voice ringing. She flicked her green hair out of her green eyes and pressed her lips into a grimace. “In fact because of a certain new student –” Everybody’s eyes, including Mrs Wakefield’s, darted to Emerie who only gave a scowl. “I’m going to let her be the captain.”

“What?!” Emerie yelped, earning a dark look from the teacher. “I don’t know how –”

“You don’t have to choose any team players,” Mrs Wakefield said wickedly. “Bernard, you’re the other captain.”

A green-haired boy punched his fist into the air, letting out a whoop of joy.

“As soon as I say go you’re splitting into teams,” Mrs Wakefield shouted. “GO!”

Everything was a blur; mostly the silver-haired.

Emerie let out a scream when numerous earth platforms linked onto hers.

She bit back another scream when somebody tapped her on the shoulder. “Yes?”

“We’re your team.

Her eyes bulged at the sight before her. At least three-quarters of the class had joined her while the remaining joined Bernard! That was about . . . forty-five students.

“H-H-How is this p-p-possible?” she stammered, taking a staggering step back.

“You can use all the elements,” a petite girl pointed out. “You’re stronger team to be on.”