Choosing Fate .:4:.

Emerie felt broken. After all the shadows chasing her yet keeping her safe all these years, she found out the truth.

They’re the Elements pushing her into the six choices which she should have chosen so long ago.

It wasn’t fair! She never asked for any of this! She didn’t know what to do! She didn’t listen to her instincts! She listened to her . . . to her what? How could she be so foolish to not choose when she was so young?

Shaking her head, she clenched her fist and rounded the corner quickly, desperately trying to shake Darryl off her trail.

Unfortunately she slammed into someone, stumbling backwards while clutching her nose. “Watch it.”

“Sorry,” they muttered.

Emerie glared at the figure who she had ran into but was surprised to find a plump girl, trying to pick up her textbooks and her glasses were askew across her nose.

“Uh sorry,” Emerie apologised, feeling guilty. “I’m just in a mood today.”

The girl nodded, avoiding eye contact with the new student. She had never seen this girl around before and she still had her black hair and eyes disguise on so it was clear that she had been putting off studies until now.

“Wait for me next time,” Darryl panted, clutching his chest as his breathing grew ragged. “Oh hey Libby.”

The plump girl nodded in acknowledgement as Emerie helped arrange the books neatly into her plump arms. “Thanks. What’s your name?”

“Emerie,” the black haired girl said with a small smile.

Emerie didn’t know how or why . . . but this girl reminded her of herself. Insecure, shut off from the world and dealing with her problems by herself.

She liked Libby. Appearances didn’t matter to Emerie at all. In fact she found Libby’s slight chubbiness cute. Emerie was sure that Libby would look beautiful if she just lost some of that baby fat.

Libby had pretty orange hair and matching orange eyes that pierced through Emerie’s soul almost.

“Are you new?” Libby questioned, running her tongue along her braces nervously. Why was the strange student staring at her like that? Did she really look that ugly?

Libby squirmed uncomfortably in Emerie’s gaze and Emerie felt guilty for noticing that Libby had seen her staring.

“Yes she’ll be starting classes tomorrow,” Darryl said smoothly, unaware of Libby’s blush spreading across her slightly round cheeks. “I’m not allowed in her dorm or else the dorm mother will have my head so could you please lead her back to her assigned dorm? It’s Room one-oh-four.”

“Erm, I was actually on my way to the library,” Libby said sheepishly.

Emerie nodded. “I can find my way around fine thanks.” She shot an accusing glare at Darryl who shrugged, fiddling with a ball of water he had conjured up from plantations around him.

“But I’m just returning these books so if you come with me to the Library and back I’ll be happy to show you around,” Libby added quickly, wanting to get to know her better.

She was definitely a Water Element by the black hair disguise. She wondered why Emerie didn’t lose the disguise; after all they were all the same magical beings here.

Darryl pulled Libby away by her collar and ducked his lips down to her ear. “It’s Her.”

Libby was confused at first, blushing furiously at the proximity between them but then his words registered in her head.