Choosing Fate .:25:.

The black figure was on all fours, walking towards her with grace that she didn’t believe existed.

When it came into view, she gasped. The sight of the animal spirit was beautiful . . . terrifying yet beautiful at the same time.

Its shaggy black coat sparkled like a thousand stars in the night sky, strong forelegs and hind legs keeping it upright on all fours as it stopped in front her, cocking its head up to meet her matching black eyes.

“A wolf,” she whispered. “But you’re a black colour . . . what Element are you?”

He almost seemed to smile. “Have a guess Emeria. I am the strongest Element of them all and I am the real Element you were born to possess, to manipulate and to wield.” She paused, staring with her jaw agape at the majestic spirit in front of her.

You’d think black spirit dust would be unholy and negative but in fact . . . it looked quite the opposite. It was a holy colour with streaks of white in his shaggy black fur and his brilliant black eyes had white specks.

He was absolutely beautiful.

“I am a sacred Element representative,” he said with a low rumble in his voice. “Only one Elder in the entire Council knows of my Element yet it remains secret from all. Only one being existence knows about my precious Element and it is so strong . . . so powerful . . . peaceful . . .”

She thought carefully about his words.

What Element could be so strong compared to all the others? What Element stood out the most and overruled all the others? And the most important question of all.

Is this the Element she should have chosen?

“Time is running out Emerie,” he whispered. “Choose me. You will be one of a kind . . .”

“Emerie choose us,” the other whispered pleadingly. “Choose us!”

She ignored them, walking up to the wolf and smiled. It was a pure, genuine radiant smile. A pure smile filled with the element that this wolf possessed.

She looked down and the smile turned sad as she saw those in mercy of the humans. Her people. And soon her teeth showed in her brilliant smile as she held out a hand to the wolf and let it merge with her soul, allowing her to wield the one Element she was destined to wield.

Spirit.

Her skin glowed radiantly, her smile was of pure beauty and her hair started to fly about. The other Elements looked regretful but bowed down before the one being in the entire existence of all the magical races who weld the power and Element that overruled them all.

“We are one,” the wolf whispered to her, a bright light flashing as he disappeared into her.

It was an absolutely beautiful, purifying feeling. All those regrets, those sinful things she had done. The guilt was gone.

All those treacherous feelings she had felt disappeared, only a mere memory of the pain she had felt over the past several months.

The Elements reached out to her as they bowed down to the regal Element wielder and she felt a warm buzzing sensation rocket through her body.

The six elements were offering their power.

Time started to speed up and as soon as it came into order, Dexter was screaming in fury.

“No!” he screamed. “You cannot have chosen! You have chosen wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Kill her you bastard humans! Kill her!

Emerie only let out a pure, joyous laugh, tears of joy filling her eyes and streaking down her cheeks.