Choosing Fate .:8:.

“Ungh I hate you,” Emerie groaned, shivering. “Raquel can you help me out here?”

The Fire Elemental strolled over, shooting daggers at Crispin and placed a hand on Emerie’s arm. Feeling the sun’s rays on Raquel’s back, the Fire Elemental let heat pour from her palm and let it flow  through Emerie’s body.

Raquel’s orange eyes flashed a lighter orange shade as she felt the very little of Emerie’s original body heat. “Crispin is advanced,” Raquel muttered, sitting down next to Emerie once she had stopped shaking like a Chihuahua.

“He’s like a graduate,” Emerie huffed, crossing her arms and was grateful for the extra heat Raquel had granted her.

Raquel shook her head with a grimace, watching all the others complain and recover from their injuries. “If you think that’s advanced level, you’ll be having nightmares if you ever face a real graduate.”

Emerie frowned, shuddering. “Nightmare. Well . . .” Emerie’s jaw dropped when a thought occurred to her. “That was only – only Element Strategy! I thought it would be more talk rather than doing the actual strategies!”

“Well it’s actually always been like that for the whole past centuries,” Raquel said with a wry smile. “If you think that’s hard, you’re going to die in Element Defence and maybe occasionally Element Combat.”

“What’s the difference?” Emerie said wistfully, lying back on the warm grass.

“Element Combat you actually learn how to find the old-fashioned way,” Raquel said, wrinkling her nose in distaste. “Not much use of powers. And Element Defence? It’s an extremely extreme version of Capture The Flag. And the Coach . . . boy; he turns a blind eye to all injur –”

“How come I don’t see any Destinies or Time Guardians around?” Emerie interjected hastily, not wanting to know further about how extreme it could get with the classes here and how the teachers handled it.

Raquel pursed her lips in annoyance. She hated being interrupted while talking. It sort of pissed her of. Sort of? No that was an understatement.

“Oh they use only a third of the school fields,” she said, waving her hand dismissively. “It’s an unfair advantage so they practise separately.”

Emerie nodded. That made sense.

“Well good luck in Element . . . whatever you’ve got,” Raquel said with a light-hearted grin. “You’ll need it.” And with that Raquel walked off with an ache in her back.

Emerie forced a tight smile back, placing a hand on her left shoulder which ached after Crispin had placed all his weight on her shoulder as she helped him limp back to the rest of the class after he had been attacked brutally by Denzell. In the end the Earth Elemental won; he used everybody else’s distractions to his advantage.

Stupid Denzell.

“You did well out there Emerie.”

She glanced up to find Rowan grinning down at her. “Thank you.”

She stiffened when he sat next to her. Emerie obviously hated how he seemed to bully Libby on a daily basis which only made him much more annoying to her.

“You should really hang out with us rather than the Water hippies; you belong with us,” Rowan said, arching a pale blonde eyebrow. “And avoid that Prissy Libby.”

“She’s not prissy,” Emerie said sharply, turning to glare at Rowan. “I don’t belong with the Air Elementals. I don’t belong anywhere. I haven’t chosen yet.”