Bad Luck

Cover art belongs to tangwan. Check them out

The adventurer's heart raced as rain, lightning, and fire swirled around him. The storm was dreadful. He felt like he was running through hell. Whatever this treasure was, he thought that it'd better be worth it. He ran forward then tripped over a root from a nearby tree. He fell down. Under the tree, things were calm. He heard the cry of a baby. He looked up to see a baby in this hell. With no other adventurer or person in sight, the adventurer had one inference. This baby was one abandoned by the world itself. He picked up the abandoned baby and wrapped it with an extra cloth he had. He counted this as treasure. This baby was probably the best treasure possible. With the rest of his strength, he walked through hell once more to make it to Mondstadt, the home and land of Barbatos...

"Will... adventure... final treasure..." Is what the adventurer said. It was his final words before death. He was a great adventurer that people praised. The baby he had brought in, well, he was named Bennett. He was astonished by his savior's legacy, but it was sad. The adventurer didn't have the ability to tell anyone the story of how he found Bennett before he died. Bennett, having no family, now joined and was raised by the adventurer's guild. Older adventurers took care of him, and he called all of them his dads.

"Dad, watch out, it's raining. Stay away or you might get struck by lightning.

"Dad, your dentures fell into the bowl."

Bennett would spend most of his time taking care of his dads, the rest of his time was adventuring. Well, something you don't know yet, but... let's say he's just an unfortunate fellow. One adventure, he was struck by lightning three times before falling unconscious. Another time, a massive hole appeared between his team and a treasure right in front of them. Another time, an adventurer named Royce heard "Heyo" before falling unconscious to a big explosion made by a little girl named Klee. Every time Bennett was there, something bad happened. Due to this, most adventurers stayed away from him, and the ones already in his team seemed to just "disappear". Katheryne at the adventurer's guild almost broke apart Bennett's adventure team before Bennett begged to keep it going, that the others were just on leave. Katheryne spared the team, even thought she knew the other adventurers were never coming back. With Bennett's bad luck, it seemed almost everything was an impossible task, however, one adventure, he wasn't so unlucky...

"Another day, another adventure alone! Let's go!" Bennett shouted to himself as he left the gates of Mondstadt. At the time, all he had was a sword and passion for adventure. That would all change that day. While heading out, it started to rain a little. This was bad luck for him, as lightning would usually find him a nice target. A lot. He knew of a new domain that was found recently, so he wanted to check it out. It was classified as a B rank, which meant that it was of decent level difficulty. Most B ranks are just puzzles. Bennett quickly made his way to where he had to go. He didn't use a map, as he memorized it already. If he did use a map, a bird would probably take it or something. He quickly ran through the rain and lightning. With his luck, he miraculously made it to the domain entrance without being struck by lightning. That was one of the first.

"Phew. That's lucky." He said. He heard rustling of something behind him, and it wasn't the wind. He turned around to see three Hilichurls.

"Oh, great." Bennett said. The Hilichurls slowly got faster as they approached him. Bennet turned and ran into the domain. As he did, lightning stuck behind him, sending him flying into the domain and destroying the opening to the entrance. He got up and looked at the fallen rocks, blocking his only known exit.

"Great." He said. He shook his head.

"It's fine! There's got to be an exit! Let's get this treasure and head out!" He said with a smile. As he did, lightning struck outside and shook the inside of the domain. A loose brick from the ceiling came falling down and hit his head. Thankfully, it didn't kill nor knock him out.