Closer and Closer

Long Chapter

After that eventful day of treasure, Mona went to wherever she was going. She said she had Astrology work to do. Razor went back to Wolvendom to make sure everything was fine there. Bennett and Fischl were still at Mondstadt.

"It's nice outside." Bennett said, looking up. It was around night time.

"Indeed it is, for nighttime presents the perfect conditions, as everything's darker yet has a calming and beautiful charm to it!" Fischl explained.

"Yes. She likes the nighttime." Oz said. Bennett nodded.

"Let's go for a walk." He suggested. Fischl blushed and nodded. Everything they already did once before was now becoming more awkward and stirred up that feeling in Fischl and Bennett. Walks they used to take with ease now made them feel warm and happy, yet awkward around one another. After a bit, they got comfortable and began talking like normal again. Soon enough, it was getting late, but Bennett had a question.

"I never asked yet... but... can I see your left eye?" Bennett asked.

"E-Eh!?" Fischl asked, flustered. She quickly regained her composure.

"I-I'm not sure if you can truly take all the power that comes from it... however, I shall try it! Prepare yourself!" Fischl said. Bennett nodded and got excited. Fischl placed her left hand on her eyepatch. Oz sat on Bennett's shoulder and watched. Fischl slowly pulled her eyepatch off.

"Behold, the Auge der Verurteilung!" She shouted. As she pulled it off, it flowed purple. Suddenly, her hair fell and covered it. Bennett didn't say anything.

"So, what do you think? Perhaps it's too much for you to handle?" She asked, placing right hand below her chin. Bennett walked up closer to her. She became a little flustered.

"B-Bennett?" She asked. Bennett raised his right hand and moved her hair out of the way. Fischl felt like she was going to explode. Even Oz was getting flustered by his actions.

"Bennett!?" He asked.

"Cute..." Bennett thought. He stared at her eyes. Fischl was staring back, but she still felt like she was going to erupt. She quickly backed away and turned away from him.

"T-Thats enough! You've seen my Auge der Verurteilung! Are you satisfied?" She asked. Bennett realized what he just did.

"W-Wha— Uh— Yeah! That was super cool!" He said. He was blushing like crazy. Both him and Fischl. Oz returned to Fischl.

"I-I think that the day has come to an end! The moon above has grown tired, and so have I! I shall see you tomorrow, Bennett!" Fischl said. Bennett nodded.

"S-See you tomorrow!" He replied. Fischl then booked it in the direction of her house. Bennett also ran home. As soon as they got home, they went to their rooms and screamed into a pillow.

"DID THAT SERIOUSLY JUST HAPPEN!?" They both screamed. Bennett was having an argument with himself about if what he did was a good idea or not. He got ahead of himself. Meanwhile, Fischl was screeching into a pillow. Oz sighed.

"Mein Fräulein. Are you alright?" He asked. Fischl stopped screeching.

"Oz! He makes me feel too many emotions! I don't know what it is, but... but..." She was saying. She couldn't think straight. She was drunk on him. Same went for Bennett. Soon enough, the night overwhelmed them and they fell asleep...

Fischl woke up and looked around. She opened her bedroom door and looked left and right.

"Everyone's asleep. Perfect!" She said. It was five in the morning. She woke Oz. Oz stretched out his wings.