Lantern Rite

"Wonderful! This shall be perfect for the Prinzessin!" Fischl shouted, holding a robe, similar to the ones everyone else had on. It was a purple one. Bennett got a white one. Since they were at a Liyue event, they'd might as well try their culture.

"I wonder if these are comfortable." Bennett said, holding his out in front of him. The Lantern Rite was that night. They woke up sometime around seven to get as much done as possible before the actual event itself starts. They saw people finishing the construction of a large lantern the shape of a deer.

"Hm... I wonder how that'll fly." Bennett said, curious.

"Perhaps that it gains a mind of its own, blessed by the archons to be able to have life and run free in the wild." Fischl replied. The two walked around, playing games that were set up. As they were, they came to a realization.

"Wait. We still need lanterns." Bennett said. Fischl jumped.

"I entirely forgot— I guess we must go and search for ingredients to construct one." She replied. They ended up talking to a woman by an alchemy bench.

"Miss! I would inquire you to assert your wisdom to us to construct and master a lantern!" Fischl said.

"How do you make a lantern?" Bennett asked. The woman was really nice and showed them how. She then gave them some extra materials she had. It was only ores, but it was probably one of the hardest materials to get.

"Sick! Where can we get everything else?" Bennett asked.

"Well, fur from Hilichurls are needed for this, along with plant fibers." The woman explained. Fischl and Bennett nodded.

"Away we go to obtain ingredients!" Fischl shouted. The two ran off from Liyue harbor to find plants and hilichurls. As they were collecting plants, Fischl yawned. Bennett looked over to her. She still looked tired. He began walking over.

"Hey, I need to ask you, what—" Bennett began before tripping and falling off the hill they were on.

"Bennett!" Fischl shouted. Bennett stopped at the bottom with a thumbs up. He picked up his head from the ground to see two Hilichurl sitting right next to him.

"Finally! That took long enough!" Bennett said, walking back with a few bruises and scratches. Fischl sighed.

"Be careful with your footing. You never know when a hole would appear like it did." She explained. Bennett scratched the back of his head.

"R-Right." He replied. They went and created their lanterns.

"Now we have to write out wishes on these, right?" Bennett asked. Fischl nodded, then began blushing. She thought about what her wish would be. Bennett also thought about it. They both turned red.

"I-I'll be right back! I-I need to use the bathroom!" Fischl shouted, running off. Bennett sighed, taking a seat at a nearby bench.

"What to put on here." Bennett said to himself, staring at his lantern. He had no clue what to put on it. While thinking, he also realized that this would be the perfect time to confess to her. Bennett flustered himself and took a moment to regain his thoughts. The same thing happened with Fischl in a nearby bathroom. She didn't know what to put on it. Any wish, hopefully to come true. She didn't want to put anything stupid. She sighed, getting a headache just thinking about it. After a bit, she finally came out and found Bennett sitting at a bench looking far out at the mountains and scenery. Bennett noticed Fischl.

"Oh, hey! You're back!" He said. Fischl nodded. Bennett looked back out away from the harbor. He saw a bit of a mountain. It was next to the main gate entrance and the main path to the harbor.