Happily Ever After

The Next Day

Fischl woke up and looked around to see if Bennett was there. She hit herself in the face.

"Why would he be? He doesn't even live here!" She said to herself.

"Mein Fräulein, what's the matter?" Oz asked, fluffing his feathers. Fischl sighed.

"It's nothing. Let's do our commission quickly." She replied. She got ready for the day and quickly made her way to Kathryne for a commission. As she was, Mona approached.

"Hey, you doing good? I'm pretty sure Bennett's doing perfectly ok, you know." She said. Fischl nodded.

"I know his mortal flesh and soul are unscathed by these events. I am not bothered with such trivial matters." She replied. Mona doubted this. You could tell she wasn't fine. Fischl got her commission and went on her way. Take care of any dangerous creatures in Windrise. Simple, yet long.

"Let's go Oz." She said. Oz nodded as he followed. Mona sighed.

"Bennett better fix this." She said to herself. She made her way to the cathedral.

"I-Is Fischl okay!?" Bennett shouted. Barbara let out a little scream.

"Archons Bennett! Don't scare me like that!" She shouted. Bennett scratched the back of his head.

"S-Sorry." He said. Barbara sighed.

"Anyway, yes she was unscathed. What about you though? Are you lightheaded or anything?" Barbara asked. Bennett thought for a moment.

"Nah, I'm fine." He smiled.

"Thank Barbatos. You had an arrow in your stomach. If Albedo hadn't been there, well..." Barbara began but stopped before finishing her sentence.

"Ha! I knew we'd be fine! I mean, I had the Prinzessin with me! That's why I pulled a stunt like that!" Bennett replied. Barbara walked over to him and smacked him softly.

"W-What!?" Bennett shouted.

"W-We were worried! Not only Fischl, but I was too!" She pouted. Bennett laughed a bit.

"Yeah... you're right." He said, looking down. After that, he left the cathedral and headed for Fischl's house. As he went down the steps on the left, Mona went up the steps on the right. They completely missed each other. Bennett continued his way to Fischl's place as Mona entered the cathedral.

"Barbara? Where's Bennett?" Mona asked her.

"Oh? I just sent him out. How did you miss him?" Barbara asked. Mona turned back to the doors.

"I don't know. Do you know where he is now?" She asked.

"He didn't tell me, sorry." Barbara replied. Mona left the cathedral and thought for a bit. She had no clue where Bennett went. Meanwhile, Bennett knocked on Fischl's door.

"Fischl, I'm up! You in there?" He asked. Nothing. He sighed.

"Well, she's probably doing a commission. I guess I'll wait for her." He said to himself. He made his way over to his room. He left the building as Mona walked to it. Once again, they missed each other. Bennett got in his house and laid down. He sighed.

"Well, at least she's fine." He decided. He was fine as long as she was fine, but he had no clue that Fischl was down about this. Speaking of Fischl...

Fischl quickly fired off three consecutive shots and took out three slimes. She finished clearing off a slime infestation.

"Nice work, Mein Fräulein. That was very hasty and amazing." Oz complimented. Fischl nodded. She looked out into the field of Windrise.