Investigation

Fischl woke up in the morning like usual. She changed into her usual attire and checked the time. It was five in the morning. She wanted to wake up earlier so she could avoid her parents at least another day.

"Morning Oz." She said. Oz quickly shook and woke up.

"Ah, morning, mein Fräulein. Why up so early?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just feel like it." She replied. Fischl grabbed her bow, her few books, and began to head to Mondstadt to take any commissions that might have come in. As she did, she hummed along with Oz to a random song that popped into their heads. On the way, Oz asked a peculiar question.

"This Bennett, I feel bad for him." He said. Fischl stoped humming and thought for a bit.

"Yeah. I hope that things start looking up for him." Fischl said, speaking normally. Oz sighed.

"You're quite alike actually." She said. Fischl quickly responded.

"Huh? What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well, it's not like you two have many, er... sorry mein Fräulein, but social links. You two have had it pretty rough." Oz said. Fischl was silent for a second. They were nearing Mondstadt's bridge by now.

"Eh, it's not like that for him though. He has people that actually care for him, like his dads and the deacons at the cathedral. I, on the other hand, am the Prinzessin der Verurteilung! I cannot be wavered by emotions such as sadness! I have a mission, and that's to return myself to my full strength!" Fischl said. Half of it was a lie to herself and Oz. They crossed the bridge and walked over to Katheryne, who looked like she just woke up as well.

"Oh, Fischl." She greeted.

"Hello reliable server of tasks! What mysteries and blackened lands shall I have to examine today?" Fischl asked.

"Well, nothing actually. The Wolvendom incident was the biggest thing recently and there haven't been any commissions. You know, you can take the day off. When was the last time you actually relaxed?" Kathryne asked.

"Heh, I don't need rest! I must explore this world and find out as much as possible before returning home! Are there perhaps any smaller investigations worth my time?" Fischl asked. Kathryne looked through a book of hers.

"Not really. I'll contact you if there's anything that comes up." She said. Fischl sighed.

"Alright, reliable server! We'll meet again after the sun's wakening has passed." Fischl said.

"We'll meet later today." Oz said. Kathryne nodded. Fischl sighed and remembered the books in her bag. She went and headed for the Knights of Favonius' library. She entered the massive building where the knights usually stay and do work. She took a sharp right and entered a two story library. She heard a yawn and looked right to see Lisa, the librarian for the knights, sleeping on her desk.

"Lisa!" Fischl shouted.

"Huh? Oh, Fischl! You brought your books?" She asked. Fischl nodded.

"The information... it's truly amazing. This world has much for me to discover." She said. Lisa took the three books and made sure her name was cleared.

"You know, I almost had to come out and get these books myself. You saved me the effort. Thanks!" She said. Fischl nodded.

"It's only responsible for a Prinzessin such as myself to bring back something as simple as books on time. I can do much more than just this!" She said. Lisa nodded before falling asleep again. Fischl sighed and went down the stairs to the bottom floor of the library. Usually, the library is empty except for a kid named Ella Musk. She's usually studying how to speak Hilichurl. Fischl picked out a few fantasy books and sat down to read a bit of one. Oz usually read with her. After a few hours she placed a bookmark and checked out with Lisa.