Chapter 30

Friday May 27, 2022
Dylan's POV

"Happy Birthday!" I shouted as I jumped on Zach. He groaned but he wrapped his arms around me and pulled my closer.

Since the day that Dani and Jonah announced their marriage Zach and I had gotten closer. Though there were feelings still lingering in the air we hadn't acted on them. That didn't mean though that we hadn't been acting a little more than friendly.

Some nights when my mother had the night shift Zach would find himself sleeping over. Nothing inappropriate but he would sleep in my bed. It first started after he insisted that the bed at the place they rented was uncomfortable and Jack snored. He was definitely lying. I gave in pretty quickly but I don't mind since he made an amazing pillow. My mother was never home anymore so it was nice to have someone there.

"Good morning," Zach said smiling. He then turned to the alarm clock on my night stand and immediately his smile fell. "Dylan it's 4 o'clock!"

"Sorry I couldn't sleep," I said smiling sheepishly. Zach just shook his head and closed his eyes. "Zach don't go back to sleep I'm bored."

"Dylan you have school," He reminded me. I groaned.

"I hate school," I sighed before closing my eyes also.

I woke up almost 3 hours later to get ready for school. Zach was still sleep so I got up quietly and got dressed. I did my hair before making my way to the kitchen. Since I had some extra time I decided to make breakfast. I wasn't an amazing cook but I could follow a recipe. I made bacon eggs and pancakes. I had about 30 minutes before I had to leave for school so I made two plates and went back to my bedroom.

"Zach," I whispered in his ear after I set the plates on the night stand. He grumbled something before turning over. "I made breakfast." He turned back around to face me and opened his eyes.

"What did you make," He said. I smiled before picking up his plate and passing it to him.

"Bacon eggs and pancakes," I said. "With fruits because you know gotta be healthy. Oh and orange juice."  I grabbed my plate and sat on the bed next to him.

We ate breakfast and talked a little. Zach finished before me so he got up and changed and brushed his teeth and stuff. When I finished I went to brush my teeth while Zach washed the dishes. After we both headed out the door. I passed Zach the keys to my car since I didn't feel like driving and we drove to Anna's house first.

"Hello beautiful people!" Anna chirped when she got in the car.

"You're in a good mood," I said laughing.

"Well I had an amazing night," Anna said but didn't go any further.

"What were you doing?" I asked confused.

"Oh you know the usually," She said shrugging but was still smiling brightly.

"And what's that," I asked but she just shrugged again before turning to Zach.

"Oh yeah happy birthday Zach. How does it feel to be old?"

"I am not old! I'm only 21" Zach said offended and I laughed. "Stop laughing Dylan it's not funny."

"I'm sorry I can't help it," I said in between laughter.

"It's ok to admit your not as young as you used to be Zach," Anna teased him. Zach glared at her through the rear view mirror as we pulled up to Madi's house.

"Happy birthday," Madi grumbled before tossing a bag into his lap.

"That's from both of us," Anna chirped.