Chapter 49

Wednesday September 13, 2023
Dylan's POV

"I can't believe this," I said falling back onto the couch.

"For the record I had forgotten all about that deal way before we even slept together," Anna defended herself.

"I can't believe you never told us," Madi said falling next to me.

"I regretted it and wanted to forget it had even happened," Anna said sitting next to Madi.

"Are you keeping it?"
"What did Jack say?" Madi and I asked in unison.

"Jack was shocked. There were a lot of tears from both of us," Anna started. I guess that explains her raspy voice. "I contemplated an abortion but I don't think I would be able to go through with it. I don't think I would be able to get over that guilt."

"It's not a baby yet," Madi whispered.

"I know but my sub conscious doesn't care. Jack was fine with any choice I made though so that was helpful."

"So you're keeping it?" I asked for conformation. Anna nodded.

"Jack and I haven't talked about it much we decided will talk about it more tomorrow. When we both weren't so emotionally drained." I nodded, understanding.

"This is so fucking crazy," Madi said shaking her head.

"You're telling me," Anna said rubbing her face.

Anna was pregnant. Anna was pregnant. I just couldn't seem to wrap my head around it. Anna was pregnant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday September 29, 2023
Dylan's POV

"I hate that movie so much," Madi groaned as A Walk to Remember turned off.

"You just hate because you hate crying," Dani said laughing.

"Shut up Daniela," Madi scowled.

"Anna you've been quiet this whole time," I pointed out.

Anna had been the one to get us together for this well needed movie night.

"There's something I need to tell you guys," Anna said standing up.

"Oh god," Dani said.

"Well you're already pregnant so what else could it be," Madi said getting up and grabbing the empty popcorn bowl before heading to the kitchen. Anna looked down at her stomach and put a hand on it.

"Jack and I decided to move," She said loud enough for Madi to hear. Madi rushed back into the room.

"Say what now," Madi said.

"We decided two weeks ago. We think it would be best for both us and our baby." It was still weird to hear her talk like this. "We're moving back home."

"You can't just move!" I exclaimed shooting up. "What about school?"

"I'm transferring at end of the semester." I sat back down not knowing what else to say.

"Well if this is what you guys think is best then I'm okay with it," Dani said.

"Wasn't asking permission but thanks Dani," Anna said looking at Madi and I.

"Well I guess now is as good time as any. I applied to NYU." I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head for a second as everything went black. Then I was snapped back into reality. "I've always wanted to pursue a music career and NYU is great for that," Madi explained.

"Wow," I said shocked.

"I got accepted so I'd be leaving next semester too."

"Please don't tell me you're leaving too," I asked Dani.

"Nope Jonah and I are happy were we are."

"What about their band?" I asked Anna.

"Jack told them right after we found out I asked them not to tell you guys yet because I wanted to. The boys all decided a break would be good for them since the have a lot going on. They don't know how long of a break though."

"So much for our college experience," I said bitterly. Sure I was happy for my friends but I was going to miss them. We had never been apart before. Not like this.

"Dylan," Madi whispered sitting next to me.

"Don't cry if you start I'll start crying and won't be able to stop," Anna said fanning her face. I hadn't even noticed I was crying. I wiped my face.

"Please don't start crying Anna," Dani begged. "Then I'll start crying."

"I can't help it Dylan started it," Anna said wiping her tears but they just kept coming.

"Well excuse me for crying after my best friends just dropped two huge bombs on me," I said as more tears poured down my face.

"Ugh I hate you guys," Madi said covering her face. "You're such cry babies."

"Shut up Madi," I said letting out something in between a laugh and a sob.

"I love you guys," Anna said sobbing. She was the worse. She had so many tears streaming down her face. I guess it was the hormones.

————————————————————————

"Are you okay?" Zach asked me that night as I sat on his bed looking at the floor.

"I can't believe they're leaving," I said tears coming to my eyes. "God I sound so pathetic." I rubbed my face roughly trying to stop the tears from coming down.

"Hey! Don't say that," Zach scolded me sitting next to me. "There's nothing wrong with cry over something like this. Especially when you have the type of relationship you guys have."

"We've never been apart..... we've always been so attached and now they're leaving me," I cried covering my face. "And I want to be happy for them for starting a new chapter in their life but...."

Zach rubbed my back and held me as I cried.

"I just feel like everything is changing and we're drifting apart. I don't want anything to change. I just want everything to be how it was before."

"Dylan people change and grow but I guarantee Anna and Madi are always gonna be there for no matter what."

"I know I just don't wanna have to say goodbye," I said sobbing. I probably looked so hideous.

"It's not a goodbye it's just a see you later," He said kissing my temple.

"I'm scared to be alone," I whispered laying my head on his shoulder.

"You're not alone you're always gonna have me and Dani's still here," He said.

When I finally calmed down Zach asked me a question, "Will you move in with me?" I looked at him shocked. That was not what I expected to hear from his mouth.

"What?" I asked appalled.

"Move in with," He repeated.

"Okay," I said shrugging and let out a little giggle.

"Okay?"

"Okay." Then our lips joined into a kiss.

———————————————————————-

1 chapter  + an epilogue left 😭. I love you all please don't forget to vote and comment 💜