Chapter 45

Monday July 10, 2023
Dylan's POV

"In 10 years where do see us?" Zach asked as we laid wrapped in each other's arm at 2 in morning.

"Wow! Just coming right out with huh?" I said laughing.

"Just answer," He said laughing, too and squeezing my side. I squirmed in his arms before thinking for a second.

"I don't know. Hopefully still together," I said shrugging.

"Hopefully?"

"Well I can't predict the future. So hopefully," I said kissing his jaw.

"I can," He smirked.

"Oh yea what do you see," I said going along.

"Well in ten years you'll be 28 and I'll be 32. Oh god were going to be so old!"

"Speak for yourself old man," I said poking his toned stomach.

"We'll definitely have kids," He continued.

"How many?" I asked laying my arms, folded, on his chest and resting my chin on top, looking up at him.

"Two maybe three." I nodded okay with that number. "We'll have 2 dogs too and live in a normal sized house because I know you don't like big houses. But there will be a big backyard with a pool because you're basically a fish."

"And a swing set because I've always wanted on as a kid," I added and he smiled.

"We'll live close to Dani and Jonah because you don't like to be far from your sister," I smiled at he thoughtfulness. "We'll obviously be married oh and Anna and Madi will probably live next door." I chuckled softly.

"What about work?"

"I'd still be in the band with the boys. We'd be taking over the world and you'd be a stay at home mom-," I opened my mouth to protest but he stopped me. "Because even though you say you like working and making your own money I know you hate working. You just say you do so you don't have to depend on anyone else. So I'll respect that for now but when we have kids you'll quit your job like you had been wanting too and stay with them." My heart fluttered.

Zach was right I did hate working. I couldn't see myself doing anything long term, maybe I could work with kids or something.

"Will you sing me a song?" I asked laying my head against this chest, feeling tired.

"Ok what song?"

"You pick," I said closing my eyes.

"I like big butts-," I cut him off smacking his chest making him laugh.

"Be serious," I said closing my eyes again.

"I met her on a Monday evening," He started and I slowly started to drift off.

"I know you are but what am I," is the last thing I heard before feeling a kiss on my bare shoulder. Then I was out like a light.

————————————————————————

"Will you come to dinner with me and parents?" Was somehow scary then the late night conversation we had.

We were in the car, Zach was dropping me off back at home and he was already 2 hours late to a studio session with the boys. All because he insisted we take one shower to 'save water' which in turn made us waste more water and time.

I didn't know how to respond. I didn't want show him how nervous I was but I was super nervous. Seeing how my own mother reacted to Dani and Jonah I was excited to seeing his parents reaction. I was scared. Not about the commitment behind but of the the fact that there was so many things about our relationship that his parents could hate.

"Ok," I squeaked out instead. Zach knew that something was off though because when he stopped the car he grabbed my face.

"Dylan you don't have to if you don't want to," He told me sincerely.

"I know but I want to," I said grabbing his hand and kissing the palm of it.

"Dylan you can tell me the truth. I'm not going to be upset." I sighed looking down. Zach lifted my face to look him in the eyes. I let out another breathe.

"I'm scared," I whispered. "What if your parents hate me and us?"

After everything that happened with my mother and father, I was nervous that Zach's parents would react the same way. I didn't want Zach to feel like he had to choose if that happened. So maybe it was best if we never had to deal with that.

"My parents are going to love you," He told me pecking my lips.

"How do you know that?" I asked softly removing his hands from my face and holding them in my hands. I looked down admiring his rings.

"Because I love you," He whispered. My heart almost burst as I looked up and and saw him staring at me.

"I love you too," I told him before kissing him.

"You don't have to meet them if your not ready."

"I don't think I'll ever be ready but I want to meet them. For you," I said.

"How about we go that restaurant we went to the other day?" He suggested. I smiled thinking back to that date. I was really nice and I loved it.

"Perfect," I said before joining our lips again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I'm back! Just want to tell you this book is close to finish. Only 5 chapters and an epilogue left after this one. Anyways I love you all please don't forget to vote and comment. Have an amazing day. 💜