Chapter 47

Tuesday July 18, 2023
Dylan's POV

"Hey do you want to go shopping," Anna asked poking her head in my room. I looked up from my phone to find Anna fully dressed in my doorway.

"Sure," I said flipping off the bed. I grabbed my shoes and started to put them on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's been so long since we've all hung out," Anna said when we got to the mall. I had decided I wasn't going to buy anything but just look around.

My phone went off right after she said that with a text from Zach "Hey do you want to go to lunch tomorrow with my parents. My mom says she misses you."  The message made me smile but before I could reply Madi snatched my phone out of my hand.

"No Zach!" She scolded me.

"Madi I can not wait for you to start dating someone," I groaned. "It's been forever."

"Eh I'm just not in the mood," She said shrugging.

"Mission for today is to find someone for Madi," Anna declared.

"What about you Anna the last person you dated was Julian," Madi said.

"I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I just want to have fun."

"As a virgin?" Madi said.

"Your a virgin so don't say it like that and who said I was virgin," Anna said look off. Dani's and I jaw dropped.

"What did you just say?" Dani asked shocked.

"You heard me Madi your officially the only virgin," Anna said crossing her arms.

"Who says I'm not a virgin," I said seriously. Anna, Madi, and Dani all went silent for a split second before they all started laughing.

"Ha that was funny," Dani said wiping a fake tear away.

"Ugh I can't stand you guys," I rolled my eyes but laughed anyways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anna how are you going to be on your phone after telling me to get off of mines," I said eating a fry. We had decided to take a break and eat something.

"This isn't my phone it's yours." Just then I noticed my mint green case.

"Why are you on my phone?" I asked with a mouthful of my bacon cheeseburger.

"I'm trying to convince Zach that I'm you. He isn't falling for it though," Anna said sighing.

"How can he tell the difference?" Dani asked confused.

"He says its because I'm not using in capitalizations or punctuations," Anna explained.

"Dylan who the fuck texts like that," Madi said.

"Me!" I said offended. "Why shorten something that only takes two seconds to type anyway."

"You are so weird," Madi said as she shook her hand. Then my phone started ringing and Anna immediately declined.

"Why did you do that?" I said grabbing my phone her hands. She just shrugged before downing the rest of her strawberry milkshake.

"Anna that's your third milkshake you better not get another," Dani scolded.

"But I love strawberry milkshakes," Anna pouted.

"When have you ever drank a milkshake?" Madi asked, knowingly.

"I don't know," Anna said shrugging. "I just craved it and now I can't get enough," She explained.

"I'll be right back," I told them looking at my phone and getting up.

"Ugh it's so disgusting that you guys can't go one day without talking to each other," Anna groaned.

"Actually I need call Jonah too," Dani said getting also. I started heading out of restaurant and Dani headed to the bathrooms.

"Hold on," I told Zach as I started putting in my Airpods. "Ok now go."

"Did you get my text?" He asked.

"No Anna had my phone what did it say?"

"My mom really wants to have lunch tomorrow. Also tonight Reese and Ryan are staying the night, are you still coming over?"

"Tell your mom yes," I started. "And yea I'm still coming."

"Ok great. How's it going with girls?"

"Good. It's been a while since we hung out alone," I said making a smile formed on face.

Zach and I talked for a little while before exchanging I love yous and hanging up.

————————————————————————

"Alright choose a color," I told Zach. Zach and I both sat on the floor of his living room with Reese. The coffee table was filled nail polish colors as Reese wanted to paint her nails after seeing my absurd collection. I had brought it over in hopes that it would help us bond better and I was correct.

Ryan sat on the couch playing a video game. Zach had been playing with him earlier but came down at Reese's request to paint his nails.

"Black," Zach said picking up the bottle.

"No," I said snatching it.

"That's so boring Zach," Reese said before picking up a neon pink. "What about this one?" Zach looked at with a 'really' look before turning to me.

"Don't worry I'll make it look cute," I told him. Reese started him off with just two simple coats of pink and when they were dry Zach tried to get up.

"No no Dylan's going to do a design," Reese said pulling him back down. "Look she put daisies on mine." Reese shoved her hand in Zach's face and Zach slapped it away.

I gasped and slapped his arm. "Zach don't hit your sister," I scolded him.

"Yea Zach keep your hands to yourself," Reese said coming around the table and joining me. I smirked at Zach before pulling out the stickers.

"Whatever," Zach said rolling his eyes. He pulled the stickers to him before choosing a skull head.

"Of course that what you would choose," I said rolling my eyes but starting anyways.

"Ok Ryan what color do you want?" Reese asked her other brother.

"Absolutely not," He said shaking his head, not even looking away from the screen.

"Please," Reese started to beg.

"Hey," Zach whispered to me. I looked up and saw him smiling at me.

"Hey," I whispered back returning his smile.

"I love you," He said pecking my lips.

"I love you too," I said pecking his back.

"Gross," Reese said scrunching up her face.

"Please don't ever do that again," Ryan said pausing his game.

————————————————————————