Chapter 6

Joshua Bassett as Julian Carpenter
16 years old

Joshua Bassett as Julian Carpenter16 years old

Thursday December 17, 2020
Dylan's POV

"Zach shut up," I laughed as I walked into school.

"Get off the phone," Anna said shaking me.

"I've got to go. I'm at school," I told Zach who sighed.

"Fine call me after school. Talk to you later beautiful," Zach said pouting.

"Bye Zach." I hung up the phone taking my headphones out.

"You guys are so disgusting," Madi said pretending to throw up. I rolled my eyes before looking down at my phone because it buzzed.

"Have a great day beautiful 😘."

My cheeks heated up and my smile grow until I bumped into someone.

"Dylan." I groaned recognizing the voice immediately.

"Julian," I huffed looking at Anna and Madi.

"How are you?" 

"I was great until you started talking to me," I sassed crossing my arms.

"Dylan look," Julian started and I knew he was going to start spewing some bullshit.

"Julian please leave me alone!" I was getting super frustrated. "Why can't you just move on. You had no problem with that when we were still together." Then I pushed past him, but he followed.

"I heard you have a new boyfriend," Julian grabbed my wrist and from the look on his face he was upset. I yanked away from.

"Well who the fuck told you that?" I spat. His eyes went towards Madi who was looking around like she was innocent.

"I did no such thing! How dare you accuse me of lying? I'm so offended!" Then she stormed off the like the drama queen she was.

"So is it true?"

"No," I said simply before turning again but stopped me once more.

"Look I'm sorry ok. I don't know what I was think when I cheated on you. Please forgive me," Julian got down on his knees causing people around us attention to turn towards u.

"Julian get up," I whispered yelled at him. He just shook his head as he wrapped his arms around my abdomen. I groaned before pushing him away. "Julian grow up. You cheated on me so deal with the consequences." Then I walked away with my head held high.

I have to admit that a part of me still cared for Julian. Probably because he was my first love. I knew better though then to forgive him. He was a cheater and I didn't see that changing anytime soon. Not to mention that this is high school and I doubt that relationship would've lasted even if he didn't cheat on.

"Damn gurl!" I heard Anna yell followed by her cat call me. I shook my head laughing at her.

————————————————————————

"Why would you tell him I have a boyfriend?" I asked Madi laughing.

"Because you basically do," She said shrugging.

"No I don't." Madi opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off. "And don't you dare bring up Zach."

"What is with you?" Anna said scrunching her face up. "They're 4 years apart. Maybe in another life time."

"Why do you keep saying that?" I said narrowing my eyes at Anna.

"Saying what?"

"Maybe in another life time," I said confused.

"Oh." Anna was silent for a second before continuing. "Because maybe you guys can be together in another lifetime. Just not this one I guess."

"They can be together in this life time!" Madi argued.

"No they couldn't he would go to jail!" I rolled my eyes knowing that this argument wasn't going to end for a while.

"Nobody has to know," Madi said angrily.

"Why are you so for them getting together?"

"Why are you so against it?" Anna opened her mouth to reply but didn't. Instead she just got up and left.

"I don't even know why you guys are fighting," I told Madi who looked very upset.

"Because she's acting like a bitch!" Then Madi left. I was so confused as to what was going on between them two.

We never fought. Not like that we didn't. We usually only fought about tiny petty things, but we always made up not long after. This didn't seem like it was going to go away anytime soon.

————————————————————————

"Mama please. Everyone's going and if I don't go I will forever be lame." Dani was on her knees begging our mother to let her go a New Years Eve party that was happening in like two weeks. Even though it was a while away we always had to ask Mama in advice or else is was a no.

"If everyone was jumping off a bridge would you jump too?"

"Ugh! Why do you always say that? It's not the same," Dani said getting off her knees.

"You can go," Mama said smirking.

"Oh thank you so much Mama!" Dani jumped up and down before hugging Mama.

"But," Mama started causing me to laugh.

"No!" Dani said dramatically as she pulled away from Mama.

"You have to take Dylan with you." I stopped laugh immediately.

"Ew no! She's 15!"

"So," Mama said smirking.

"She's too young to go to a college party!" Dani yelled causing Mama to glare at her.

"She goes or you don't. End of discussion." Then mom walked out of the kitchen. Dani glared at me clearly upset.

"I'm not going," I said quickly.

"Then I'm going to tell Mama that you're talking to a 19 year old white boy," She said leaving. I jumped out of my seat and stopped her.

"Fine I'll go just don't tell Mama!" I begged. Dani grinned.

"Ok I guess I can keep your secret a little longer."

"A little longer?"

"You know your going to have to tell Mama sooner or later?" She told me.

"I was thinking more of never. She doesn't have to know who I'm friends with," I said feeling myself become upset.

"You guys are not just friends," Dani laughed as she talked.

"Dani he 19," I deadpanned.

"Why do you keep saying that? So what if he's 19! It's not like he's 30 because that would be disgusting," Dani exclaimed getting a little too loud for my liking.

"Stop yelling before Mama hears you," I whispered yelled.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes then left.

Hey guys. I didn't really know how to end this chapter so that's why it's such a weird ending. Don't forget to vote, comment and share! ❤️