Chapter 38

Friday June 19, 2022
Dylan's POV

"Zach Dylan we need to talk." Was the first that came out of Dani's mouth when Zach and I walked through the door.

"About what?" I asked confused.

"Just come sit down," Dani led us into the kitchen where Jonah was standing, leaning on the island. He immediately straightened up when we walked in. Dani pointed to the barstool on the opposite side of the counter.

Zach and I shared a look before sitting.

"What's going on?" Zach asked them.

"Why does it feel like we've just been called into the principle office?"

"Don't worry you're not in trouble," Jonah assured us.

"Ok I'm just gonna say it. We need to talk about sex," Dani blurted.

"Oh my god," My face fell into a look of horror and shook and Zach stifled a laugh. "No," I said shaking my head.

"This is serious," Dani scolded me. "Look I was your age once-."

"Dani you sound like an old woman," I told her. She rolled her eyes.

"Listen we aren't trying to stop you from having sex but we just want to make sure you're being safe," Dani said.

"We aren't having sex!" I exclaimed throwing my hands up.

"Sure," Dani said sarcastically. "Here just take these," She said before setting a box of condoms on the counter.

"Dani. We. Aren't. Having. Sex," I said trying to get it through her head.

"Just take them," She said. I slapped my forehead.

"How about you just keep them for yourselves. We aren't having sex and we won't be having sex anytime soon," Zach suggested.

"We don't need them," Dani said. I raised my eyebrow.

"Why don't you need them? Are you pregnant!"

"No!" Dani yelled shaking her head. "God no! I'm on birth control. Jesus don't wish that on me." Jonah rolled his eyes at her reactions. Dani saw and just shook it off.

"What's going on?" Anna asked. I turned to see her and Madi walking in the room.

"Did you guys buy them condoms too?" Madi asked looking at the box. I huffed.

"Fine we'll take them but they aren't going to put to use," I said snatching the box off the counter.

"They better because if you get pregnant I'm not helping with that baby," Dani called out as I stormed out of the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I like this one," Madi said holding a hideous dress. We had been dress shopping for about an hour now and I could tell Madi was getting bored.

"Madi please grow up," Dani glared before walking away.

"What about this?" Anna held up a dress. It was pretty but I knew Dani would say no because it was pink.

"No it's pink," Dani said before continuing to look through the racks.

"What about this one?" Abby held up a beautiful dress. It was a navy blue color that probably went down to your feet. It had slit at the bottom that wasn't to open.

 It had slit at the bottom that wasn't to open