Chapter 9: Up and Up

Tommy woke up aching all over. He was once again sleeping in that weird position almost having his legs above his head... at least he couldn't say he had troubles with stretching: he had absolutely none. His body was almost like rubber due to his sleeping habits. He groaned, rolling onto the floor, where he decided to lay for a little while. Until something smacked him in the head.

- G̸̟̰̎ǫ̸̥̯̈́ó̸̬̘̼͓͛̃͝d̴̛̗̥̱̄ ̸̬̖̘̂̎m̴̺͛ͅo̶̧͕̦͗r̵͇̈̈́̉̌͋n̶͔̭̑̈̔̔̕ǐ̸͚̲̯̬̯̋̑̏̍͠ṇ̸̼̍̋g̸̣͍̖̰̭̦͗,̶̖̻̟̂̀̓̋͘ ̶̛̣͓͕̆̂̃̈́s̷͕̞̤̏͋͒͛͝l̴͇̭͙͑̽͐̚ȩ̷̝̗̥̃́͒̌̋́e̵̛͖͒͗̃͝p̶̖̈́͆͌͒̍͝í̷̡̡̨͚̺̠͂n̷̨̝͔͙̫͕̈͗̈́͋̾g̷̠͔͗͑͑ ̸̛͔̤̮͇̽͝͝͝ͅp̷̼̙̀̎̍̽̕r̷̝̭͋̆̋ǐ̸̧̤̬̠̞͐͘ǹ̴̢̏č̷̠̯͌͝e̵̲̼̲͌̔̓̍̈͝s̸͉͓̾̅̋̃š̴̢̺̖̮-

- 'Morning, Wilbur...- yeah... it's been three days since Wilby joined their party and it was absolutely horrible. He would come to Tommy's room eight in the morning and act like an alarm. Through the years of being almost mute he developed this nasty ability that allowed him to mimic every sound he would wish to. Including sirens. So if Tommy was especially grumpy or lazy he would get special treatment.- Tubbo's up?-

- Ḩ̶̝͔̀̆͂̄ȩ̵̠̏̋̌́̑͝͠ ̷͐a̸ň̶͎̟͍̜̑̎d̶͈͒̈́̄̚ ̴̇d̵̳̄a̶͙̫̞̱̿̆͝͠d̷͖̂̔̏͐ ̴̮͓̟́͑̎͆͜͠͠å̶r̶̩͓̀̔̅͝e̸̛͈̟̲̟̾́͛̍͠ ̷̨̡̺̻̎̽̐ͅs̵̡̰̖̭̗̰͉͗̀ĩ̸̦̓̈́̔t̶̊̄͋t̷̛̘̕i̵͌͋̐̕̚n̴̢̥̪̓̚g̵̛̘̽͝ ̶w̸̳̻̉͂̐̔į̶̣̳̏̔t̴̓h b̷̪̆̈̋r̷͖̫͂̿ē̸̦̰̌ā̴̗͒͑̎̕k̷͕͚̅̎̽̅f̵͆̕͝a̷̝̬̠̭͆͂s̸̨̲̙̖̆ͅt̸̫̮͎̉,̷̛̮̗͇̘͍̰̈͌͌̀͋ ̶̧̢̛̮̭̹̇̉̋́̄͛w̷̥̤̆ą̸̜̀͋́i̵̘̭̲̝͔͛́̏͘t̷̕i̸̗̱̊͝n̸̺͙̩̈́ͅg̶̛͕̮̩̅̊̀̉̕͝ͅ ̴̤͇̎͑̐͊̽͛f̸̛͙͒́͂͘o̷͖̘͛̕r̴̞̔ ̷͉͗͆̋̍̕y̸̢̧͍͔̝͒̓̓̈́̕o̸̧̼̬͗̀͐̋̎̕u̵̢̱͚̳̙͑̑͊- another thing that changed in their morning routine: after talking for a little with Phil, after that day, elder man decided that from then on he would be making them breakfast and they would eat it together. At least as far as they could, neither Phil nor Wilbur could eat even if they wanted. They both hoped that with time they would also be allowed to do that, taste was a nice sense. But for now he decided to continue fixing boy's food habits as much as he could. He... couldn't remember exactly why, but every time he thought about their plates, he had a thought that they wouldn't last in the wild for a single day. Maybe he used to travel like that, he had no idea.

Tommy groaned once again, lifting himself up. He wanted to stay down so much... But he couldn't.

- Hey, how long do you think it will take us to see you?- teenager looked in direction from where Wilbur's voice was coming from, but as always he saw nothing. He didn't even have a reflection like Phil... But on the other hand he couldn't even speak clearly like him. It was probably too early. I took Phil almost two weeks after all to really talk to them.

- I̷̥̫̣̍͋͒͜ ̵̩̤̽ḑ̴̫̰̀̆͊o̴͍̤̻̟̍͆̓͠n̶̫͓͚̄͐͘'̸̺͗t̶̫̞̐ ̸̩̯̃̽̀̕͜k̸̜͠n̶̡͋̎̉ȯ̶͓̝̠̳̑̀w̴͈͔͔͇̉.̸͖̼̱͑ ̵̡̎͊̏̓T̶̳̭̪̓ī̷̡̝͆m̶̛̞̖͝e̴͔̦̻͍̊͂͛͠ ̵̻͔̲͔̓̑͂̏ẅ̷̛͍͋͝i̶̻͎̙̅̃̕l̷̻̃̌͘͠ļ̷̫̲̿͝ ̸̘͙̭̾t̵͓̰́͒͐͝e̸̤̠̬͓̽ĺ̵͍̪̮l̴̢̆̈́-

As soon Tommy appeared on the stairs, Tubbo waved at him with a big smile. Phil was sitting on his right, carving something small. Floating knife and piece of wood paired with an empty chair were the only signs that the ghost was really there. Although... Tommy could swear that sometimes he saw something like a shadow in the place that Phil was standing at that time.

Despite getting up early all of them enjoyed those breakfasts. They had a nice, warm atmosphere, very family like. They talked and joked, Wilbur played once too, but preferred joining a conversation. Even if he had troubles with his voice, he really wanted to catch up on the years of sharing his thoughts with others. Phil on the other hand wasn't very talkative, preferred listening and sometimes commenting, but if asked he had a lot to say about the mentioned subject.