Chapter 25: All together

Phil smiled upon seeing Tubbo wrapped around Wilbur, both sleeping soundly despite the alarm ringing at least twice already. He decided to just turn it off and let them be, they seemed to have a rough night behind them. Tubbo can eat later, there was no hurry.

– Mornin', dad- Tommy passed him in the hall, still half asleep pounding towards the bathroom, probably barely knowing what was going on around him. Phil couldn't blame him, he was actually surprised that the boy was still able to move at all. Yesterday's four hours of training had to be really straining and yet he seemed to be able to even force himself out of the bed without too much complaint. Let's just pray that he wouldn't be killed by Dream on the actual fencing lessons this afternoon… Yet he still smiled at the "dad", chuckling slightly. Is this how he saw him? Well, either way, he's honoured. He loved his boys very much and was glad that they loved him the same. Who would have known that in the end he would have such a wonderful family.

Techno was already up too, sitting in the kitchen and enjoying a smell of freshly made coffee. He might not be able to drink it, but that doesn't mean that the pleasure of this simple smell could be taken away as well. But who knows? Maybe something changed and the taste would be there too? Techno smiled slightly, taking the cup in his hands and enjoying the warmth. It was barely noticeable, just a tingle in fact, but even that small thing made him happy. Everything was going fine… Yes, everything was fine. Maybe both of his new brothers were a tad crazy, but who in their family wasn't? They were fitting right in to be exact. And Techno loved it.

Good morning- greeted Phil, walking into the room and sitting next to his son.- How are you today?-

Actually good, to my surprise- he answered truthfully, before once again slipping into his thoughts.- Do you want to try something with me?-

Depends on what it is- Phil chuckled, but probably already knew the answer. He was doubtful it would work, but it wouldn't hurt trying, right? There would only be a lot of cleaning after.

Cheers- Techno only said, before chugging the whole cup down. And much to their surprise the liquid did not hit the floor, spilling everywhere, but disappeared inside of the ghost's mouth.

Yo, holy fuck- Phil accidently spat out, looking in disbelief at the empty cup in Techno's hands. He was definitely not expecting that outcome.

It really worked? I could fucking taste it- Techno was absolutely taken aback by it too, not sure how to process it all. 

What worked?- a sleepy voice snapped them out of their amazement, followed by a loud yawn. The second twin was standing in the doorway, rubbing one eye and hugging Tubbo's plush bee tightly.

Good morning, Wilbur. Did you sleep well?- Phil smiled kindly at him and moved the chair for him to sit in.

Both yes and no- he said with another yawn.- At first I had a nightmare, then Tubbo came, we talked for a little bit and then we fell back asleep- Phil chuckled, listening to his sleepish mumbling. It was somehow heartwarming.

Do you want coffee?- Techno glanced between his cup and brother, a thought crossing his mind.

If you could, I'd be glad- he nodded, placing the plushie on the table carefully and patting it for good measure. It was Tubbo's, he had to take good care of it.

Taking a cup from Techno, Wilbur smiled sheepishly, enjoying the warmth and the smell. He felt so blissful right now, so happy. And now, sipping his coffee he only felt that feeling rising, tingling in his stomach and warming his body. Everything was as it should be, at its rightful place.

– Since fucking when you can drink? And why the fuck is Wilbur visible?- and just like that the feeling was gone, Tommy's voice snapping him to reality. He finally realized that he was indeed drinking a coffee, being able to taste it, which was unreal by itself. And as a second, the teenager standing in the doorframe was looking directly at him, despite not having any mirror in sight. What more hids gaze was focusing directly at HIM. Which meant he was truly visible.

Good morning, Tommy. How was your night?- Phil chose to ignore his questions, smiling fondly at his great-nephew.

– Good, I guess? But that still doesn't answer my question.

But is it important right now? Enjoy this morning, it is a really nice one.

– But I want a hot chocolate- Tommy demanded, making Techno snicker slightly at him.

Sure. I'll make it- soon they were joined by sleepish Tubbo, who just stumbled down the stairs to be greeted by his own cup of sweet drink and cheerful smiles. And so for the rest of the morning they talked or stayed quiet, just enjoying each other's company, drinking their seperate drinks.

He he, no, this isn’t the end