Chapter 1

(Todoroki POV)

I was on my way to school; walking past the beautiful parks and trees. Watching the blossom fall as the wind swayed gently through the branches. I had always enjoyed that time of year, being able to walk on my own, watching nature take over. The school wasn't very far from where I lived, so the walk was always short. After ten minutes of me trapped in my own thoughts, my eyes were set on it. UA High. The prestigious school known for turning out some of the best heroes.

As I walked closer and closer to the school, it grew taller and taller, eventually towering over me. I didn't speak to many people just yet. That changed though when I was greeted by a small, green-haired boy. I've seen him before. In the sports festival. He was the one that made me realise I was not Endeavour's slave. That I am my own person and the quirk was and always will be my own.

The boy was probably around 5'5", tiny compared to me. He had dark green, unkempt hair and emerald eyes that somehow always seemed to sparkle. He was in my class and was always enthusiastic about becoming a hero. In all honesty, I never understood how he could always be so ecstatic about everything. It was like he was constantly in his own little utopia.

The boy acted as if he knew me. I knew he was in my class and that we fought in the school festival,  but still, we never really spoke to each other. I somewhat admired this boy. He always seemed to be so free.

As we got closer to the doors, we could already hear the shouting. No doubt it was Katsuki Bakugo. The green-haired boy's face changed quick. It went from happiness to dread. As if his personal storm cloud had just appeared over his head.

I had seen how Bakugo had always teased and bullied him in class. Always calling him 'Deku' which I never truly understood. I couldn't remember his actual name which apparently seemed to show on my face.

"I'm Izuku Midoriya. You haven't forgotten me already have you?" He said suddenly, as if trying to get Bakugo out of his mind.

"Yeah I know, we met at the sports festival when you started to kind of lecture me about my quirk" I replied, acting as if I knew, as to not seem rude.

"Ah yeah sorry about that but you always seemed so depressed and never used your left side. I knew it was holding you back so I tried to help. Sorry if it didn't..."

He kept apologising. Was it a habit because of Bakugo? Was he just being kind to me because he didn't know me too well? Maybe he just didn't know he was doing it.

"It's okay. You don't need to keep apologising, you actually helped me." I said.

"Oh really?!"

He seemed shocked, as if he were expecting to be a burden.

"Yeah you made me realise how much I was holding back. You kind of reminded me of my mother, she used to tell me the same things..." Why was I saying this?!! Stop Talking Shoto! "I mean it doesn't matter, don't worry about it."

I carried on walking so I could get away from the things I had just said. Why did I say those things. They were true, but why? They came out of my mouth before I even had a chance to stop myself... My overthinking was stopped when the boy started jogging to catch up to me. We began to walk towards the 1A room as the shouting only got louder. As I slid the giant door open, my ears were bombarded with the noise.

As I took my first step in, Midoriya behind me, Bakugo span around.

"Ah... stupid Deku and the Half and Half Bastard. Where ya been? I've been waiting for you." He grimaced and began walking towards us. I could only assume he wanted to shout at us like he was to the red haired boy. I couldn't remember many people's names. I didn't want to. I was not there to make friends.

As Bakugo approached us, Mr Aizawa hopped through the door in his signature yellow sleeping bag; "Everyone sit down before I make you." He remarked in a sluggish tone.

I walked towards my desk as I watched Midoriya do the same but, pretty much on the verge of running.

Why was I fascinated by this boy?