Chapter 6

(General POV)

The first match began: Bakugo and Mina v Tsuyu and Kaminari.

As the whistle blew, Bakugo instantly used his quirk to propel himself through the air, like an eagle searching for its prey. Mina followed his lead and ran after him so that she could help him when their opponents were found. Suddenly, Mina was thrown toward a wall by Tsuyu's tongue and was handcuffed almost instantly. Bakugo being so focused on finding his opponents, did not remember that Tsuyu could climb up walls and could somewhat camouflage.

Only two minutes later, Bakugo found Kaminari. Bakugo hurtled himself towards Kaminari, catching him off guard. "FOUND YOU DUMB PIKACHU!!!!" He screamed. Kaminari had no chance. He was bombarded with explosions (no pun intended) to the face. Bakugo shouted for Mina to come out and handcuff him whilst he was down. No response. "UGH IDIOTIC RACOON EYES PROBABLY GOT HERSELF LOST OR CAPTURED"

Bakugo took Kaminari's handcuffs and was about to eliminate him from the match. Unbeknownst to Bakugo, Tsuyu was already climbing the wall behind him, slowly extending her tongue so that she could use the other pair of cuffs on him. CLAMP. Bakugo grabbed Tsuyu's tongue and yanked her towards himself. After he had finally handcuffed Kaminari, Bakugo took the handcuffs off of Tsuyus tongue and began to handcuff her too. 

"THERE, DONE, ALL ON MY OWN MAKE IT HARDER NEXT TIME, INSTEAD OF PLACING ME WITH THESE EXRAS. ILL TAKE YOU ALL ON IF I HAVE TO"

"Bakugo's Team Wins." says Aizawa unenthusiastically. Next up is Midoriya's team against Jiro's team.

(Midoriya's POV)

My palms began to sweat as I knew it was my turn. My opponents didn't seem that difficult, compared to who I had on my team, one of the best, and hottest players, in the class. I shouldn't be thinking like that though. He's just a teammate, but for some reason, some part of me wished there could be more...

I looked over at Todoroki, for confidence if nothing else.

His hair blew softly in the wind, showing of the vibrant colours and his contrasting eyes. He was taller than me, by quite a bit, yet he wasn't intimidating, he was comforting. His eyes stared into my own, making my spine tingle. "We've got this" he said with a warming smile as he activated his right side.

"3.... 2.... 1.... Begin!" Aizawa said with no energy or enthusiasm.

I already knew what the other teams first move would be. Jiro was going to use her boots to let out a sonic blast either into the floor or would find us and deafen us with it. I told Todoroki my plan:       First, I think our best move is to use your ice to form a ramp up to the top of the building. That way, we can see part of the training field from, without them being able to find us straight away. It also meant that it would be more difficult for Jiro to use her sonic blast without destroying the building.

(Todoroki's POV)

Midoriya began to explain his plan on how we could win. I loved the way his brain worked, it was fast, precise and smart. Ever since I met him, his battle plans were smart and he was able to adapt when they didn't go his way. He demonstrated it in the sports festival when he figured out why I constantly had ice behind me and why I kept using the larger ice barricades.  His mind was one of the reasons I was attracted to him. But it doesn't change the fact I know I can't have him.

As predicted, we were able to see Jiro and Shoji running towards us. Midoriya began his cute mumbling again, talking about what our next strategy would be. Before he noticed them, the other team had spotted us. I already knew Shoji's tail would be an issue here, and Jiro's gloves. Shoji began to use his tail to hop up and swing over poles, slowly projecting himself higher and higher, holding his teammate as he went.

As they grew closer, I began to worry that Midoriya had not spotted them yet. I knew I would be able to stop them easily, but I didn't want Jiro's boots to be able to penetrate through my ice or our eardrums. I didn't want Midoriya to get hurt. I carefully but swiftly grabbed his waist and used the ice I had already made to slide back down to the floor. I blushed as we slid down the cold ramp. This sudden movement snapped Midoriya back into focus and made him realise he didn't have much time at all to plan ahead. Suddenly he began to slightly shout over to me:

"On the ground, Jiro is the strongest opponent, she can control her quirk well enough to destroy the floor we're standing on. Mid air is where Ojiro is going to be strongest. He will be able to use his tail to project himself into the air and will be able to swing off of the many lampposts and poles that are at his disposal. I think our best bet is for you to take down Jiro with your ice and I take down Ojiro mid air with the use of my legs." He looked over to me with his beautiful green eyes and smiled. It melted my heart.

It was too late. Jiro had already managed to plug hear earphone jacks into her boot and had already began to use her quirk. She was aiming it at Midoriya, hoping to immobilise him whist Ojiro came for me.

I could see the pain in Midoriya's eyes as blood began to drip down the side of his face. I knew I had to do something. But what. Think Shoto. Think. He began to cry and scream of pure pain. Why hadn't  Aizawa stopped her yet? My heart was shattering and I knew I had to do something to save my precious boy from her.

Ojiro was already mid air. I used my ice to grab his tail and hold him in place. I then went for Jiro, but she saw this and knew she had to redirect her boots. I felt the pain caress my eardrums almost instantly. Midoriya tried to rise to his feet as I began to crumble from the pain. I knew I had to stop it before I went deaf. I let go of my ear so I could freeze the ground. I couldn't move. The pain began to paralyse me.

CRASH. The pain began to drain away? All the time I was focussed on trying to take down Jiro, Midoriya had managed to cuff Ojiro and kick Jiro into the ground. He was amazing.