Chapter 2

(Midoriya's POV)

It was the first proper time I had spoken to Todoroki, he was always alone so I invited him to come and eat lunch with Ururaka, Iida and myself. Or, as Ururaka had named us, the 'Dekusquad.' I wasn't sure whether or not he would actually join us. But, I had high hopes and was excited to see if he would take up the offer. I hadn't yet mentioned this to Iida or Ururaka, but I was sure they wouldn't mind.

Still having my hopes up, I looked around the lunch hall hoping to catch a glimpse of him. AHA! there he is. His red and white hair stood out from the people that surrounded him, his face though, still had a blank expression, per usual. He was sat, slurping his noodles. I assumed he just didn't want to sit with us because he didn't know us. However, just when I was about to turn back and re-join the conversation we were having on the table, Todoroki looked up and made eye-contact with me.

That's a little awkward. He put down his food and placed his chopsticks next to his bowl. He stood up. Uh oh. Did I put him off his food? No, wait. He was walking towards us, still with a blank expression on his face. Was he coming over to tell me to leave him alone and stop looking at him?

(Todoroki POV)

I was sat contently, eating my soba on my own. I looked up and met Midoriya's eyes on accident. They were sparkling, those emerald green eyes. They shone brighter than the stars. Before I knew what I was doing, I was already putting my food back on the tray, picking it up and walking over to his table, his words still echoing in my head: "Would you like to come and eat lunch with us today?"

As I got closer to the table, I was planning on what I was going to say. I don't speak to people, I'm not used to interaction. I arrived at the table, still unsure on what I wanted to say.

"M-may I sit with you?" I spluttered

Midoriya smiled at me, whilst Iida and Ururaka looked on at me, slightly confused.

"Of course you can, that's why I offered earlier," he said with a rather large smile.

I placed my tray on the table as Iida and Ururaka greeted me and introduced themselves. Iida doing so very formally, as usual. The two continued their conversation as Midoriya started speaking to me.

"What made you change your mind?" He questioned.

"I thought it was time for a small change I guess," lying. I couldn't tell him it was because his eyes propelled me towards his table. What was happening to me. Why was he making me feel safe and welcome.... What were these feelings.

The group spoke for the entirety of lunch, sometimes including me and sometimes Midoriya breaking off from that conversation to speak to me.

It was delightful, something I wasn't used to. Eventually the bell rang for lunch to end, cutting our conversation short. As we cleared our table, the group was still talking.

"Hey," Midoriya continued, "I saw the direction you were walking today, it's the same direction I go, how about we walk together after school is over?"

I got a little flustered when he asked this. "Umm sure, why not"

I barely knew the boy but he was nice and comforting. Why did I get flustered though...?