Chapter 3

(Midoriya POV)

School had finally ended and I was waiting for Todoroki outside the gates. Should I have asked him, was it too soon to ask? Maybe I came off a little creepy... Maybe he won't even come and has already left

Nope, I was wrong. Todoroki walked out the gates with his hands in his pockets. He looked around and finally looked down at me.

"Ah there you are!"

I laughed without even thinking about it, my heart taking over. What is this. What just happened....?

We began to walk slowly away from the school quietly, the blossom still falling. We walked past a beautiful pink blossom tree. I began to jump to try and pick one of the flowers off. Todoroki stopped to observe me try and fail. I heard a little giggle.

I turned around swiftly. "What was that?"

"What was what?" He replied almost instantaneously

"I heard that little giggle, what's so funny huh?" I joked

"I didn't think I'd see anyone our age jumping to get a blossom from a tree is all..."

"Hey, spring is my favourite time of the year, ever since I can remember.

(Todoroki POV)

I stared into his eyes for just a moment before I realised what I was doing. I stretched up and pulled down a branch so he could grab one of the small flowers, my shirt sliding up my stomach, revealing it a small bit. I looked back down and saw the small boy picking the flowers off full of complete joy.

I felt a small warmth come over my cheeks, confused at the feeling pulled my hand off the branch to feel my face. Midoriya span round, seeing my stomach before my shirt fell back down completely. He seemed to get flustered by the sight.

"A-are you okay?" he said.

"Yeah just a little warm I guess..."

I looked down at Midoriya, his messy hair flowing in the wind. He brought the flowers up to his nose and slowly inhaled, treasuring the smell. He carefully took out a small cluster of the blossoms and handed it to me. I smiled.

"Wow Todoroki, I don't think I've ever seen you smile before," he said playfully, "you should do it more often!"

No one has made me smile in years, ever since my mother left, I don't think I could remember a single time. I looked down at him as we began to walk down the road again. What was it that was so different about this boy?

As we continued to walk, we found the point where we had to split paths and head opposite ways. I waved to him politely and watched as he shouted goodbye towards me. As he started to jog away, my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't wait for tomorrow. I couldn't wait to see him again, to feel his warmth and happiness.