Chapter 13

(Midoriya's POV)

My thoughts were interrupted my his deep, booming voice. "I hope you like pancakes," he said, his voice echoing through the kitchen, startling Shoto. Shoto didn't want to tell his father just yet, what am I going to say to him...?

I was expecting the worse when he placed a plate down in front of me, with a bang. Again, this startled Shoto, yet he didn't take his head away from his hands. This made me panic even more.

I looked down at the plate that was just placed before me and then looked back at Endeavour's face. "H-hello sir, i-it's nice to meet you"

He stared me down, giving me a vicious look. "So what were you doing with my son last night Midoriya?"

"I-I, what do you mean???" I said flustered

"Well you stayed here last night didn't you? So what did you do with my son"

"Well we just hung out and watched a movie..."

"Mhmm sure so why does he look like that?" he said slightly pointing over at Todoroki.

I looked over at him. His eyes were bloodshot and he had black bags under them. I began to worry, what happened to him? Is he okay? Did his dream affect him that much?!

"Dad, leave him alone. I just had a bad dream is all and I couldn't get back to sleep," he interrupted.

"WELL THEN CARE TO SHARE WHAT IT WAS ABOUT?!" Endeavour bellowed, again his voice echoing throughout the kitchen.

Todoroki had flashbacks to the ecstasy his dream started out to be, but the good thoughts were penetrated by the horror it turned out to be for him.

(Todoroki's POV)

I had come downstairs early to the sound of my father banging around in the kitchen, looking for the frying pan. Midoriya was still asleep so I left him alone so he could get some more rest. Last night was horrible. After that nightmare, I couldn't get back to sleep; and when I did manage to, I just woke up again and again. The thought of the start of the dream was amazing and still managed to make my heart skip and turn my face go red. It was amazing. The fear that cam after though, I'm not sure if I can trust myself around Izuku after what I saw. What if it happened for real?

As I walked downstairs, my father already seemed as if he were in a bad mood. He turned around to look at me, staring me down as per usual. To him, I was just a pawn in his little games with All Might, but today, he seemed different.

I sat down on a stool and leaned on the table in front of me, putting my head in my hands out of exhaustion. When he noticed this, he sat down in front of me. "I saw those shoes at the door. They're not yours, not mine and aren't any of your siblings', whose are they and why are they here?"

I was too tired to uphold too many lies. "They're Midoriya's," I said with no gusto.

"And whose that?!" he spat.

"He's a boy from school, you saw him at the sports festival remember? Izuku Midoriya?"

"Oh I remember him, short boy, green messy hair?" he asked, genuinely seeming intrigued.

"Yep, that's the one," I smiled.

"And he's here why, exactly?"

Me being tired meant I couldn't process what I was saying fast enough. "We're dating"

No. Please tell me I didn't just say that. Not to Endeavour. No! I looked up, shocked with myself and saw the same look on his face.

"Y-you're what?!"

"D-dating" I stuttered. Fear enveloped my heart but it was still fluttering a little knowing that I was dating him.

"Well, if I'm being perfectly honest, I wasn't expecting that...." he muttered

I slowly looked at him realising what might happen when Izuku ended up coming downstairs. Dad turned around and picked up the saucepan he was looking for previously. We both went quiet, neither of us knowing what to say.

"D-do you want some pancakes Shoto?" he asked trying to change the subject.

"Sure," I said, putting my head back in my hands contemplating what I was going to tell Izuku. I heard the pancakes sizzle softly, filling the kitchen slowly with their sweet scent.

I was sat quietly, my father again silent too. That is, until: "Ooooh what's that smell... Smells amazing"

Midoriya was coming down the stairs.

"What were you doing with my son Izuku Midoriya?"