26 - Darkness on the Edge of Town

Flashback

At Bald Mountain with Rumpelstiltskin and the Queen's of Darkness, they were standing in front of a pitch-black hallway. Two steps were seen in front of them but disappeared in the darkness, they couldn't see the floor, walls or ceiling.

"The curse resides through there... Bald Mountain. It's protected by a variety of lethal magic obstacles... Obstacles that suit your very specific talents... Delphinia, if you would be a dear, and brighten up the hallway," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"It looks like we're about to walk into a pit of nothingness," Ursula said.

"Would you prefer to swim?" Delphinia asked.

"We can't see anything," Cruella said.

"No floor, no walls... Nothing," Maleficent said.

"Aww, you girls afraid of a little darkness?" Delphinia mocked and walked down the steps, disappearing in the darkness.

"Where has she gone?" Ursula said.

Suddenly the hallway, brightened up, the darkness faded away and flaming torches were lit and they saw Delphinia down the corridor, "Come on," Delphinia said as her eyes flashed from gold to blue.

Rumpelstiltskin, Maleficent, Ursula and Cruella walked over to her as she stood in front of a large door covered in scarabs.

"This the place, Papa?" Delphinia asked.

"Indeed it is. Blood scarabs. The only thing stronger than their venom is their blood lust. Cruella, I believe with your powers of persuasion they'll be as harmless as puppy dogs," Rumpelstiltskin said.

Cruella walked forward, crouched down and picked up a scarab, "I've got a little job for you, darling," She blew green mist on it, "Now, run along and tell the others," Cruella said as she placed the scarab on the ground.

The scarab went over to the others and they all instantly turned green and moved away from the door and it opened.

Cruella stood up, "That's how it's done, darlings," Cruella said.

They all walked through the door, they saw flames circled the Dark Curse that was inside a crystal ball on a mountain.

"The Dark Curse. Fire. Forged from the breath of dragons. Maleficent, I believe this is your area of expertise," Rumpelstiltskin said.

Maleficent stepped forward and she breathed in the fire that surrounded the Dark Curse, "Next time, maybe something challenging," Maleficent said.

"And now... Ursula... If you don't mine," Rumpelstiltskin said.

Ursula used her tentacles to grab the curse and she handed it over to Rumpelstiltskin, "This what you're looking for?" Ursula asked.

"Indeed," Rumpelstiltskin said and he started to walk away as Delphinia had already moved over to the door when the mountain started to move.

"What the hell?" Maleficent asked.

"What is going on?" Cruella asked.