Chapter Thirteen

Two weeks ago...

Mark had convinced (y/n) that it must have been a mistake. Sean wouldn't made a mistake like that, a mistake that had nearly killed him. He was messaging Mark everyday now and every time he stopped for any reason Mark would worry. Sean became much worse. It was like somebody had flipped a switch. He was rarely nice for more than a day or two at a time. The black eyes became a regular part of the day. (Y/n) no longer looked at his face, afraid that he'd see those black eyes instead of his ocean blue ones.

Since his allergic reaction, (y/n) handed in his notice. In reality he didn't actually need to work, he had enough money to retire early and never really worry about if he'll have enough in ten years time. This meant he was now at home everyday of the week. He could no longer sneak to see Mark in the hotel. They agree that they would 'bump' into each other in the local Tesco's. They shared a hurried conversation before leaving and heading separate ways. Sean still had no idea Mark was in the country let alone the same town. He shivered at the thought of Sean finding out about him being there or them messaging or worse them kissing. As he thought back to that kiss a glass smashed behind him. He whipped around and saw a pair of black eyes starring angrily back at him.

"Baby?" (Y/n) spoke tentatively.

"What?" His voice. What was wrong with his voice. It was like static.

"Your voice." Sean stormed out of the room and marched upstairs. The last thing he heard was the door slamming. He grabbed his car keys and quickly left to the Blue Oyster hotel. He probably drove over the speed limit. When he parked in the parking lot, he practically ran inside and up the stairs. He frantically knocked on Marks door. The door opened and (y/n) rushed inside.

"He knows. Mark he knows. He knows your here and he knows we kissed." He was breathing frantically and he was sweating.

"What do you mean? Did you tell him?" Mark semi yelled at him, becoming as frantic as the other male.

Hahahahahaha Oh no, please no not now. He turned around slowly and was met face to face with Dark.

You didn't tell him. Do you know Demons have powers? And do you want to know what Anti's gift is?

(Y/n) could feel the tears pouring down his face when the realisation dawned on him.

"He can read people's thoughts. He heard my thoughts when I thought about you." Dark moved forward and placed his finger against the humans lips in order to shush him. To stop the disgusting emotion of sadness and fear.

Stop fucking crying He closed his eyes and prayed. When he opened them again he was met by the worried eyes of Mark.

"I'm sorry, I can't always stop him from taking over." (Y/n) started sobbing. The thoughts became too much and he felt his knees buckle. Mark quickly wrapped his arms around him to stop him from falling. He gradually pulled him over so he was sat on the bed. Mark got up and fetched tissues from the bathroom and brought them back so he could dry his eyes.

"You've got to keep your thoughts under control. You can't think about me." (Y/n) stopped crying after about five minutes. He looked up at Mark and sighed.

"He'll kill me." Mark felt his heart clench at those words, "I need to get away from him Mark, I can't do this anymore. I know it's not Jack but he's making me scared." Mark nodded and sat down himself.

"What about coming to America? With me?" (Y/n) shook his head.

"He'd find us and no doubt kill us both. I just want Sean back." He had a point. He didn't even know himself how dangerous the demons were when they were angered with each other, "I'm going to have to go back soon otherwise he'll wonder what I'm doing." Mark nodded and helped him up.

"If he tried to hurt you, call me. Anti doesn't like Dark. I can help." (Y/n) nodded and for once, allowed Mark to hug him. He left the hotel with fear in his heart.